Photography - criticize please

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by SlaughterDog, May 16, 2010.

1. What were those shot with?

2. OP try and remember what you are trying to show people with the photograph, in some of them the point of focus is not very clear.

Camera: Samsung Techwin
    Model: <KENOX S730 / Samsung S730>

3. Work on your composition OP, and use DOF and focus to your advantage when trying to isolate the subject for a more effective photograph.

4. Was that from EXIF? I couldn't find it.

@OP If photography is something you're serious about, you might want to get your hands on a cheap old school SLR.

I enjoy the flowers and the fire shots. Unique. In the night shots try to think about where your main light source is, and what your point of focus is.

5. #6 sky dog, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    Shots like #8 and #26 have an interesting quality what with being artificially lit at dusk, but a lot of the other ones have been done to death....experiment more in the vein of those two pictures I mentioned before. It reminds me of Troy Paiva's 'Night Vision' photos. Really trippy stuff.

6. I think they are awesome. :)

7. Ah yeah, using DOF more is what I've been told on other forums as well. I do have a 35mm SLR camera that I learned on but I don't use it much because film costs money to develop and then I'd have to scan it before sharing it online. Maybe I'll bring it back out when I'm confident I'll capture something I really want a print of, but for now, thanks for the feedback.

8. Such amazing pictures man. :) Youve seen such intresting sights.

9. I added a few more macro shots, which are at the bottom (because it seems to put the newest there).

One of the things I try to keep in mind when I take pictures is to get something that's different, not something everybody has seen. I felt like with these, they're pretty common things, but what do you think?

10. #40 is sick!! There are a lot of good ones in there.