Phos. Def. and Great White??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by masterlights, Nov 14, 2011.

1. just how do you kill off phos?lol

2. Ok well i just went to my local hydro shop and talked to the person there who tends the plants they have in the store and obviously knows their shit....

She said in fact chemical nutes do kill off the microcyze(sp?lol) but not all of them.She said even if you add the great white or a similar product in an all organic nute line up method not all of them live either.Only some with make it anyway and live and thrive in the medium.

She also said that great white packs a bunch of the microcyze and other bacteria in their product just to raise the chances of some actually making it and thriving.

After speaking with her and doing alot of research im going to be using up all my technaflora lineup and going with a all organic lineup from biobizz.

3. they know their shit - to an extent.

the biggest grow store around me sold me promix and told me it was all organic. than, i found out it has an inorganic wetting agent.

the guys at the store seemed pretty surprised & felt stupid when i came back with the news. needless to say they're still my dudes :smoke:

mycorise is a fragile thing, thats all im saying. basically what she is telling you is you would have to add it in every single time you water. in the bigger picture, you are using more of this product and spending more $$$.

from everything ive learned, mycorise isnt very efficient unless it is in an all organic setting. and "all organic" means not using things out of a bottle. thats what im gonna do this next run, ive got my worms a composting for me.

you should try a side by side comparison to see if its really worth the time & your money. cause if its not worth it, why waste the loot?

4. I'm sorry but just because it comes in a bottle dosen't mean it can't be organic.

5. #25 OhioStateBuckeyes, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    theres two versions of organic in our growing world - REAL organic growing with earth worm castings, AACTs, mineral dusts, ect.

than theres organic chemistry, where companies who manufacture these "organic" nutes take an organic or inorganic material (minerals are considered inorganic in chemistry), and extract what they need by using somthing that is, usually 98 times out of 100, is chemical based. they take the end result, bottle it, slap an organic sticker on there, and ship it off. alot of companies consider things "organic" just because their end product may have some carbon atoms in there, somewhere throughout the mix.

companies can use chemicals to extract things for their "organic" nutrient. chemicals including (but not limited to) sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide, nitric acid, and hydrochloric acid. do you think these reactants are organic?

i guess i should have said not using fertilizers with an NPK value out of a bottle. or enzymes. or any of that other jazz. i still use molasses, and im gonna switch to raw blue agave nectar when i can find it. molasses is considered organic but its pretty heavily processed. aloe vera and the Blue agave are way better than molasses i have heard.

but yes, if you are using a bottle of nutrients and it says organic, chances are it isnt organic. i know everything made by AN (except maybe their innoculants & enzymes) isnt organic. Humboldt Nutrients, you guessed it, not organic. General Organics? mmmhmm, nope.

what it really boils down to is how they prepared their "extractions." you may want to look into Neptune's Harvest. i know their bottled, but ive heard good things. i have never done research on them, and maybe they dont use these crazy extractions. im doubtful, though.

thesage3

if you are interested more about this, or if this concept is hard to grasp, or if the way im explaining it sounds like jibber jabber, stop by and visit the organic section of the forum. im still somewhat new to the organic world (i know the basics though), but those guys are old hippies who have been studying it for years and years. they can explain it better than i can.

6. I have neptunes harvest haven't used to extensively more of back up and have stopped with additives except molasses/maple syrup and high p bat guano . I use botanicare and I think the're 1 of the best. and the're original pure blend is"organic" its there equivalent to neptunes.

I'm done with this lame argument. I use mykos and botanicare products my roots rock, end of story.