Philisophical discussion thread time!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by gismo, Dec 16, 2010.

1. The bible is hilarious its just nature.

2. I think you've misunderstood the concept of nature

3. what if it was you that misunderstood your concept of nature

what if all things you knew were lies

is it not good to not know?

4. What a brilliant quote! And so, so true! I've yet to read Huxley's work, but it's high on my list of things to do!

5. definitely.

the doors of perception. very interesting stuff.

6. im sure ive misunderstood your concept of nature, but you probably misunderstand what im saying as well..

7. Indubidibly

8. If god does excist, the dude/chick/shemale from thailand, would defently be unmanifested. We live in the manifested world. Humans never truly could, nor can understad "god". We give him an image. An human image, and therefore god is a human.

Tao, is the concept of being connected with god. Every single plant, animal is connected with tao. The live in the moment, and aren't controlled by time. You never see two eagles say to one another "Bitch! Bring me a rat here, at 7AM! With extra oregano, please" They just fly, live, survive, with no fucking worries.

Bottom line is, your quote that you quoted is genius man.. We define, even create our gods, and gets bounded by their rules. Props to you, my man

9. #30 Tunguso, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010

I agree with the first part,

If your caught up in that cycle eg a believer in religion then it may have more signifigance.

It is relevant though, theres a lot of pulling going on :)