Philisophical discussion thread time!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by gismo, Dec 16, 2010.

1. "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours."

-Aldous Huxley

Discuss.

2. Well it completely and simply makes sense

if there was only one of us we wouldnt know what its actually like to be...understanding you can understand how we need each other

basic unity

3. He was talking about human theistic invention bro, not unity.

4. haha well excuse me sir i'm not familar with this human theistic invention

unfortunately

5. Ultimately this is just going to turn into another "god isn't real/yes he is" thread.
    You heard it here first.

6. I believe this statement is true only when their is a middle man involved. To the untrained eye GOD is very removed from our affairs. This allows select people to control the masses view of GOD. By controlling how the masses view GOD, they can control how GODs followers behave.

7. There is no point in arguing whether or not there is a God or gods, so get on with your lives and stop worrying about it.

8. You're a little early

9. I think I am right on time.

10. Trying to get a headstart?

11. More or less. When argument of the existence, or lack thereof, of God arises there is no conclusion met, and frustration and anger are the byproducts.

12. god doesnt pull my strings. and no one pulls gods strings either.

i may be the audience but i am also the puppetmaster.

i am making sense. i am not. waitwhat?

nvm :p

13. Oh believe me I do understand that. I said you were early because the argument has not yet risen, although I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

14. Well it will be funny if that's where the thread goes because the quote is not about whether or not god exists.

15. Wouldn't be a first though.

16. It would have been inevitable.

17. i think there is a god personally, cause like the bible and stuff, right?

18. Why ridicule the beliefs of others?

19. for the sake of humor. not much is sacred to me.. but the herb :smoke:

20. Just respect it, the herb should show you that, hopefully.