Phenotype vs. Autoflowers

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by burning_slow, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Hello blades, I have been growing autoflower for about 4 years now. And I recently met a fellow grower who told me that phenotypes has a better and much longer shelf life than sunflowers. Can some one with experience with both shed some light.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ...... wtf phenotype do you mean photoperiod???? As in need to change its light to get it to flower?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. He lost me at shelf life of sunflowers lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Even my translator is spitting over this : please define
    perhaps you mean the old standard photo - periodic? with reference to the old 12x12 to trigger flowering
    against the ruderalis(phenotype-strain) thats autoflowers past say day15? automatically ...lol

cheers/

6. I think u mean autoflower vs photoperiod NOT phenotype. A phenotype is the characteristics of a plant, usually used to describe the characteristics of the same strain with different attributes. Photoperiods tend to grow bigger but require a light cycle to flower where autoflowers will flower regardless of light cycle.

If you're growing indoors and you want a bigger yield photoperiods tend to be better. And despite common misconceptions autos are not actually easier to grow. Your question was poorly worded (no offense) so it's hard to tell what you're asking. But you said "shelf life" and after you harvest, dry, and cure both autos and photo plants should last just as long when stored. So hopefully that answers what you are asking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. But what about the sunflowers lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. He's either high, his phone autocorrected or something beyond any of our imaginations.

• Like Like x 1