Phenomena Burger Recipe

Discussion in 'General' started by Androgenicx, Aug 22, 2008.

1. #1 Androgenicx, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    Stoners like to eat, and if your like me, you like to cook and eat.

Sharing my latest creation.

Ingredients:

hamburger:

1lb 80% coarse ground beef
    0.3lb Ground chicken breast
    0.2lb Ground sausage (you can buy sausage meat or just remove the casing from cased sausages)
    2 TBSP Asian Chilli Paste
    2 TBSP Green Chili Paste
    4 TBSP Honey
    Ground mushrooms as desired quantity
    Finely chopped onions as desired quantity
    Fresh ground black Peppers
    Garlic/ginger paste 4 tbsp
    Worchestershire sauce 4 TBSP
    soy sauce 3 TBSP
    Fresh or dried thyme 1 tbsp
    Fresh or dried basil 2tbsp
    Fresh or dried rosemary (or just a general herb mix of the 3) 2 tbsp
    halved cashews 10-15

Lot:

whatever you like to put on your burger, i use

Fresh, thin sliced tomato
    pickles
    sliced black olives
    jalepenos
    romaine lettuce hearts
    pepperjack cheese
    caramelized onions

condiments:

whatever you like, I use

spicy brown mustard
    garlic mayo

bun: large sized, gourmet whole wheat buns with sesame seeds are best

Instructions:

Hand mix all the ingredients for the hamburger. Beef:chicken:sausage ratio should be 50:30:20 Let marinate for 3-4 hours.

Turn skillet or grill on medium, add light oil and cook covered, flipping sides until desired meat thoroughness is achieved.

Turn another skillet or pan on high and place bun halves inside-side down on pan for 3-4 minutes.

Apply condiments, put hamburger on bun, add toppings. Enjoy.

By far the best damn burger I have ever had. Melts in your mouth.

2. I'll give it a go sometime soon. Sounds pretty interesting.

Oh, can I put bacon on it? :)

3. haha, go ahead, ive personally never liked bacon on my burgers. Makes them more greasy-fast-foodish to me and I like cleaner, gourmet type burgers

haha yep

4. that sounds really good

5. word. awesome recipe:D

6. We should get a recipe thread going, haha. Here's my contribution:

Chinese style oven baked wings:

Chinese 5-spice powder
    Chicken wings
    Minced garlic
    Soy sauce

Preheat your oven to 375~380 degrees (F). Clean up your wings and put into a large bowl. Toss your garlic in (how much is up to you, depending on how much you like garlic.. I usually put about 3 cloves worth in.) About 1/4th to 1/2 teaspoon of chinese five-spice (again, up to you. Some people aren't big fans of anise -- smells a little like licorice.) Pour a little bit of soy sauce on top, just enough so you can coat the wings. Toss to coat your wings, and lay out on a baking tray on foil or a rack if you want the fat to drain as it cooks. Put in oven for 30 minutes, turn wings, and cook for another 20 minutes or so. I like to turn up the heat at the end to about 400~415 for another 10 minutes or so to make the outside a little crispier. It really varies by oven to oven but I haven't tried this in a convection oven...

The great thing about this recipe is that it's pretty idiot proof and easy to prep. This goes great with rice and it's absolute sex when you have the munchies.

7. yum... I love a good burger.

About bacon.... use a really lean ground beef (like 95%), and mix chopped up bacon INTO the burger (rather then just putting it on top). As long as you use a really lean meat, the bacon doesn't make it greasy.

Bippity, boppity, bacon! :smoking:

8. i am illiterate.

9. I hate vegetables on any kind of bunned-food. Give me a fucking hunk of meat between some bread with some ketchup and it's amazing

10. Ingredients:
    2cups all-purpose flour
    1-1/2teaspoons celery salt
    1teaspoon dried thyme
    3/4teaspoon black pepper
    1/2teaspoon dried marjoram
    1-3/4cups buttermilk
    2cups vegetable oil
    3pounds chicken pieces

Preparation:
    1.Combine flour, celery salt, thyme, pepper and marjoram in shallow bowl. Pour buttermilk into medium bowl.

2.Heat oil in heavy, deep skillet over medium heat until oil reaches 340F on deep-fat thermometer.

3.Dip chicken in buttermilk, one piece at a time; shake off excess. Coat with flour mixture; shake off excess. Dip again in buttermilk and coat once more with flour mixture. Fry chicken, skin side down, 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Turn and fry 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through (170F for breast meat; 180F for dark meat). Drain on paper towels; repeat with remaining chicken.

For extra flavor i added 1 packege of Good Seasons powered italian dressing to the flower, makes it kind a taste like KFCs 11 herbs and spices