Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ph(x) users inside please

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ph(x)toker, Oct 18, 2005.

1. well i picked up my first phx this week and i must say WOW. This thing is absoultly insane when its hitting right...which brings me to my question for all of u who are hitting the best piece in the world...do all of yours clog up pretty quick? would getting an ash catcher help my problem? I am also starting to think mine may be defected, because I have never seen a bong get so clogged that air will not travel through. There is alot of resen on the 3rd perc. and i think that either the tube inside the bubble is to long which creates a small gap which is prone to clogging, or i noticed that the tube in the 3rd chamber is slightly crooked and that is affecting it somehow...Thanks people
    -Ryan

2. I've yet to enjoy the wonderful world of ph(x)....but my suggestion would be to call up the shop you got it from and explain the problem. Hopefully a place selling classy pieces like that will hook you up with some info, either how to contact the company/blowers or how to alleviate the problem. Just be safe and let them know what a problem that "tobacco resin" is causing you.

3. those percs need to stay clean to let the smoke flow. an ash catcher will help keep it cleaner, but if there is a defect in the perc, that's no good. but it might just be all the resin...

if it hits fine when it's clean, just use some iso and salt to keep it nice and clog free...

4. well i just cleaned it really well, with the salt and alchy and its as clean as teh day i bought it. It rips fine when its clean, boy does it rip when its clean! but when its dirty is where the problem is. Now that it is really clean i was looking down on the perc and it almost looks like the glass tube is touching the bubble, if this is the case then it is a defected piece. i hope that my 280 didnt go towards something im gunna have to clean every other day...hopfully the shop i got it from will be cool with me seeing its my 3rd piece ive gotten from them...but just to let every1 know...that pH(x) Trinity will floor the biggest stoner! hahahaha

5. Welcome to the world of glass on glass my brother, may you never look back. GonG stems tend to pick up alot of resin pretty quick from my experence. so cleaning stems is a must. An ashcatcher will GREATLY reduce the amount of resin and ash in the bong itself, but the ashcatcher will get very very dirty. so will the downstem in the ashcatcher. so having a few spares for when your stem clogs mid session is another must. just keep your bong clean so everyone truely knows the power of GonG.

6. Sup ph(x)toker..

I also have the ph(x) trinity, and I will try and answer any questions you have.

The first thing im gonna mention is about that top perc. Those percs should no way be touching the outside tube at all, as well as the inner tubes of the bubble's should not be touching anything. It sucks you didnt see this before you bought it, because if the place you bought it is like most head shops around here, then they will most likely just tell you to go screw.

As far as clogging.. Mine doesnt really get "clogged", but it does get dirty. Here is a picture of mine so I can show you:
    This picture was taken from the back end (the bowl/stem is on other side)
    As you can see in the top bubble, there is a good ammount of resin forming. This is coming from the 2 "slits" in the top bubble. I usually have to clean this about once week, but I do notice it getting dirty rather quickly.

[​IMG]

Here is a clean pic: (as you can see the inner tubes arent touching the bubble's at all)

[​IMG]

Im not really sure if this is where the clogging you are talking about is happening. The phx can get pretty dirty, but i've never had a problem with the air flow. Even when mine is really dirty, it still rips like a dream.

Specifically where does the clogging go on?
    Try and take a pic of it if you have a digi camera so we can clearly see what your talking about

peace out

EDIT: Grassroots!! Your sig changes color... ahhhhhhh thats so sick :smoke:

7. akforty7 damn man thanks for all this info...i wish i took a pic of the phx while it was dirty so u can really see where it is clogging. But fir me it is the last perc (not the splash gaurd). When mine gets clogged u can distinctivly see a whole bunch of resin around the top tube, but if u look down on it there is a perfect circle where the tube is touching the bubble and the resin getting clogged around it. It truely is gay! haha but I have been talking to phx about this already, and they are being very cool about it so far. I need to get them a pic so thye can see the problem. I do have the piece extremely clean right now and ill try and get a pic of that after school today (my last class is at 4). Thanks bro stay up
    -Ryan

8. No problem man, glad to help someone out. But yeah, get those pictures up asap, im intrested in seeing this problem

9. It's definitely a flaw in the bong's construction. Check it out, yours is on the left, AK's is on the right:

[​IMG]

10. damn fëanor that is an awsome diagram...but is that pic of mine one of the ones that are upside down? the reason i took the pic upside down is because it was ezier to see the flaw of that specific piece, but i will use this pic to show phx...i have been speaking with them for the past few days, and i must say they seem to be pretty cool about it right now

11. yea fëanor, the upside-down pictures confused me also.

phxtoker..

[​IMG]

this is the perc you are talking about right?
    the inner tube does seem waaay to close to the top.

Take a picture of the percs straight on with no water in the bong (also not upside-down) so that we can see them clearly. The water kinda creates weird angles and makes it hard to see..

show that pic to phx and I bet they would be pretty apologetic, maybe even hook you up

12. Yeah, it's the upside down pic, I just flipped it over, cropped it, and tried to make the 2 percs about the same size. The one on the right ended up slightly bigger, oh well.

13. i showed them that pic and this is what they wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD>Ryan,

Although we do have strict quality control at PHX, there are
    always a few variants that go out the door. To tell you the truth,
    it looks like that tube is a little close to the top of the dome in
    a few of your pics. Although this should still work fine, it may
    have a tendency to clogg up. I would say, the addition of an
    ashcatcher to the system may stop a lot of the gunk from getting
    there.
    Other than that, repeated cleaning may be your best bet.

Where did you get this baby? (What store)

PHX

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I just got back from santa cruz and had a full nights worth of use of the piece, i will get pix up later to show u guys how dirty it gets after its 1st use after a cleaning. It is already getting clogged from 1 nights use

14. I dont know about what Ryan told you. I mean, the second perc from the bottom is getting clogged!! and thats the 2nd from the bottom, it already goes threw alot of filtering as it is, and its still getting clogged. I dont think an ash catcher would help much. jsut my $.02

15. exactly my thoughts bro, i dont see how an ashcatcher will help the problem, because it is the last perc which should be getting the most filtered smoke...the clogging wont be helped by anything its just the defect...btw i am ryan i am the one writing to phx

16. here is what it looks like after just one night of hard use...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Wow. If they see that 2nd pic ^^ and don't do anything, that's bad business. The tube is clearly too close to the dome...I really hope they do something for ya. Damn even if they'd just send you a free ashcatcher to see if that would work, that'd be better business on their part than putting you through all this. Especially since you're sharing it with all of us!

18. Woah dude, holy shit :eek: I didnt think it would be that bad.. There is no excuse for that. I would be so pissed at that bullshit!! The percs in my trin barely get any resin in them.

Fuck man write back to that guy and send that pic.. tell him you just wanted to let him see how your PHX trinity is defected, and let him know you are really frustrated that a defected bong like this would be on the market for 300+ dollars.

that pisses me off