ph runoff of soil is 6.0

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shalionzfinest, Nov 30, 2010.

1. my soil run off is 6.0.what can i do to adjust it up to the 6.5 range before i start to get lock out.i went to hd and lowes none of them have anything for gardening(lime, soil or anything) as the winter is comming.what is my best alternative just ph my water to 6.5 and keep watering(when needed) with the ph adjusted water/nutes till my soil reaches 6.5 or should i go higher like 7.0 so it will bring my ph up faster?

2. Use the 7.0............

3. I would get some lime, even if you have to get a small 1 or 2# bag online.

Wet

4. thanks for the info guys..wet,yea i was trying to get a bag online untill i realized my 2 credit cards are maxxed out due to xmass.i need to use what i have on hand untill the holidays are over so watering with ph 7.0 should bring my soil ph up some.my sis was also telling me about this stuff called plaster of paris with calcium carbonate it helps buffer your ph and is available at hd or lowes and comes in a powder.anyone ever use this stuff?

5. Honestly I'd go with 7.0 water flush before I start putting weird substances in my soil.

6. yeah I dont know if I would use that plaster stuff, that's what they use for dry wall isn't it? I think it is, and you really dont want the other stuff that's in it, in your soil too.

7. yea thats what i was thinking when she told me..i was looking at the ingeridents and it is lime based and nontoxic with h2o2 so yea i dunno but i will probally jusdt go with the 7.0ph insted of taking that chance