Ph Rising

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by fasthonda, Apr 30, 2014.

1. OK so my ph has been rising in a 24 hr. Period for the last weekor so from about 5.8 to 6.8 everyday. It is plain ro water with no nutes as I am waiting till the cots fall off to feed nutes. Could my ph be rising because my plants want nutes. They aren't showing any def. Although I feel like they could be growing a little faster. Should I ad like 100 ppms or so if nutes to see if that stabilizes the ph a bit as the cots will be dead in the next day or two.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Are you growing in rockwool? If so did you rinse it properly before using?

3. Rapid rooters

4. #4 GoldGrower, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    What are you using for PH down? A lot of people use phosphoric acid. As the plants have no nutes in there they are probably sucking up the phosphorus and that's sending the PH back up. Can you put a photo up of the plant? After a week I put my seedlings on an EC of 0.30 and see if they use it 

5. I use gh's ph down. I don't know what ec my Milwaukee meter reads in but I added 200 ppms of nutes and my ph has balanced out and they are looking good they still don't drink much waste but in a 24 hr prd. The ppms stayed the same

6. Like I said they still don't drink much water yet

7. OK so one more question this is off topic but my bottom leaves are staying to brown at the tips and they have a few little Brownish black splotches on them and it looks like they are almost rusting. I can't take any pics right now cuz I'm at work but can when I get home. Remember I just started adding nutes so it probably is a def.

8. It sounds like nute burn but I don't see how 200 ppm could do that. How old are the plants? 

9. I will take a pic when I get home today it is on the older growth and my toys beside on that one leaf aren't burnt

10. It was beginning to do it before I added nutes so I think it is a deficiency

11. My plants are about 2-3weeks old Max and are on their 4-5 set of leaves

12. Bagseed 3 weeks from sprout.ph 5.8-6.0 ppm 310 was topped last night.liberty haze two weeks from seed ph same as above ppm 170.blue Kush 3 weeks old today from seed. Ph same ppm 218.started lst on the liberty haze and blue Kush.

Attached Files:

13. I know leds make it hard to see it is even harder to take a pic in normal lights lugging the buckets in and out of that little tent. My girl won't let me get a 4x4 yet.

14. No one is going to be able to diagnose without colour man. Badly lit picture is better than a purple picture

15. OK so I finally got some time to pulls my girls out for a photo shoot. The first one is Barneys farm liberty haze 3 weeks since seed and lst done on her and her roots. She is at 168 ppm. The second picture is Dinafem blue Kush and she is 3 weeks from seed also lst and a pic of those pretty whites. Her ppms are at about 200. The lady picture is a bagseed I started while I was waiting for my new seeds to come. She is about a month old she lagged behind but she is growing good now she has been topped and is now staying to recover a few days later her ppms are 277 and her roots. Also sorry about the pics my phone wants to be stupid and pussy then all crazy Angles I took them normal for you guys.

Attached Files:

16. They look good man, but as you are using reverse osmosis water, you will probably need to add calcium, and magnesium supplement. Most nutes are very low in these because most people's tap water has plenty in there already. This odd coloration is probably from lack of Ca and/or Mg

17. I use fn bloom and obviously super light Lucas formula. Is it normal for my ppms to be do low they are on there 6 and 7th set of nodes they go through about a set of nodes a day about. They are starting to grow faster every day. Still don't drink alot of water

18. Also I have a huge bottle of calmag already from my last grows had I use a little bit of it

19. Your plants are still small so their nutrient requirements are still going to be low. I would guess they would be taking up an EC of about 0.50, I'm not sure what that is in ppm. But that would be in my set up, your set up is different so will likely have the plants growing at a different rate, so their requirements will be different

20. Here's a conversion table, yeah I think your ppm is about right. Keep in mind there are a shit ton more people that overdose than underdose

[​IMG]