pH question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TSGCDXX, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Will universal indicator liquid harm my plants if its mixed with their water?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using GC Forum

2. Whaaaaaaaaa.....?????

3. The liquid that changes color depnding on pH. Otherwise I have to do test after test until I get it right. Im saving up for a pH pen but need to know now really.

4. But its green at ph 7 and is green when it leaves the bottle so how does that work? Not meaning to sound argumentative, just wonder how it is ment to indicate pH if its green at pH 4 not 7 B)

5. Also - just read that article and went back to doing test by test but if the water was yellowy green indicating a pH of around 6.5 would that not cancel out the pH of the indicator?

6. Personally if I was still ph'ing stuff, I would take samples. I wouldn't risk killing a plant with what could be toxic chemicals.

7. Find some vinegar or something acidic and test it and see what color it changes, that way you have a reference.

8. I've done it now anyway. Got my pH to where I want it that is. Test - add lemon juice - test - more lemon juice - test - even more lemon juice - test - few more drops and bingo. Just thought it might be easier and use less indicator to squirt it straight into my water bottle is all. Thanks anyway B)