Ph problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Borgarden, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hey guys, got a possible ph problem.

I rarely get any of these problems so im no expert on the subject, if someone experienced can help then great.

I have 4 plants, 3 at around 4 weeks veg abd 1 at 2. The smaller one is in plain soil, no perlite or peat and is actually getting bigger than the others.

The growth of the other 3 has been very slow, fan leaves have been quite small after i trimmed them a bit (they were getting very bushy). They are in soil with perlite and peat.

One of the plants has shown lime green in the veins while the margins are staying dark green, this is on te bew growth.

Another plant has yellowing on a fan leaf starting from the tip and slowly making its way up the leaf.

Temps are around 30-32c as its summer here, it hasnt seemed to effect them as have added co2 using yeast.

Tested my ph (with a crappy pool tester though its worked in the past), and it looks like my ph might be around 5ish as the lowest it shows is 6 which is a light orange, the tester is turning yellow.

So... Im assuming i added more peat than i wanted and i need to add dolomite lime. How much do i add per gallon/litre?

Any help would be great, cheers. Might grab pics if u need it.

2. Pics

image-1601351171.jpg

image-3532568789.jpg

image-2313690391.jpg

Note: the flash makes it look more light green than it actually is, im more worried about the slow growth.

3. Bumpity bump bump.

4. That twisting leaf right in the middle of the first pic says pH. Get a proper meter for your watering and your medium should settle.

5. Check out iron and nitro def

6. So i used some liquid eco-lime as it's called here, no huge change so far, except maybe the leaves look a little more straight, ill give it a few days and check the ph next time i water, hopefully it's fixed.

7. Not much of a change, one of the plants leaves are pointing up, gonna re-pot without the peat to save me the trouble. Sigh.