Ph problem? Please help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Poopycheeks, Aug 25, 2009.

1. #1 Poopycheeks, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    My seedlings are looking ok but out of curiosity I checked the ph and It is about 5.5-5.7 how should I fix this they are only a few days old. Is there somthing I can add that will keep it up. Keep in mind they are only a couple days from there first light. Should I just leave them like that and wait until I put them home In there bigger pots? Thanks in advance!

2. Up your ph just a little with some ph up. Maybe somewhere around 6-6.5 and see how they react. I think they'll be fine but if you have doubts wait for a few more leaf sets(if you think it will survive that long).

Good luck!

3. Maybe I will just wait a few days then transplant.

4. Your Ph should be correct before you do anything..its one of the most important factors in growing..having a low Ph will just stress your plant..and you will sit there wondering why she isnt growing, why she is yellowing...are you doing hydro or soil?? 5.8 ph for hydro....6.3 for soil... u can go to the fish store and buy ph up and ph down..with some ph strips to get an eye ball of where its at..but you should invest in a ph meter..if you seriously want to have a good grow....=) good work tho..ph meter and u will be good to go.

5. Obviously I have a ph meter or else how would I have known my ph. I discovered that my ph is just fine because when I checked it was to dry I added some water and checked and now it read 6.4 so I guess I was just reading it wrong.

6. OBVIOUSLY you dont need help them..good luck with that