Ph problem or nute Issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by reikai, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Hey all,

In the pictures is a 14 day old Cinderella jack autoflower. She's under a 1000 w led mars hydro alongside an older three bears OG Plant. Temps average 72-75 with 50% RH, down from 60. The medium is fox farms oceran forest with added perlite. Now, she's been displaying this odd yellowing on her leaves ever since the day after she broke ground. At first, I was thinking light burn, but that was not it as she was 24 inches away and not directly under. It seems too soon to have a nutrient issue this early in FFOF. I gave her a light foilar feed last night but all that did was make the leaves bigger. (She's 16 days at the moment.) Even the new side branching growth on the lowest node is displaying this yellowing. Any ideas are appreciated!

I normally water with 6.5 - 6.8 pH water, although she did receive distilled the first two times.

Attached Files:

2. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ok so also we are all growing that strain on a comp grow from the vault. So here is the link. Most are just getting started. I have 3 going

4. My guess is they are hungry. Don't want u too feed till u can tell.me the slurry numbers. Do h have a feeding chart?

5. Thanks, I was out and about when I read your comment so I went ahead and grabbed what I'll need for the slurry test. I probably won't be able to perform the test for a few hours, but for now I'm smoking a bubba fett joint lol.

6. No worries this is the way that most of us grow in soil. This way we're not guessing been trying to keep her plants in a certain zone. With most nutrients it's like between 300 and 500. I use nectar for the gods and sometimes you can't give them enough food. Especially going into flip and flower

7. #10 reikai, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    I kinda wondered that myself, but it doesn't really look like any of the pictures I've seen. I made a big mistake one night when refilling my humidifier and neglected to power off when refilling the tank. Well, the settings did not carry over like I thought it would and it ended up running for 8 - 12 hours on full blast without stopping. I awoke to water dripping from the ceiling, pooled in the bottom of my fan, and all over the floor. I quickly corrected this, of course and all seemed well. I guess that's what I get for it being my first run with a humidifier. I haven't fed her anything yet, besides that foilar feed I did with 13 essentials. I have nearly the full fox farm line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm in it bro, top of page 14

• Like Like x 1
  9. I used it for 5 years. Do u have the beastie blooms and Cha ching? That really adds size and resins?

10. I used it for 5 years. Do u have the beastie blooms and Cha ching? That really adds size and resins?

11. Holy shit this is very useful. Thank you.

12. I have the cha ching but not the Beastie blooms

13. So I completed the slurry test and ended up with 299 ppm and 5.5 for a PH. 5.5 seems a little low, but oddly was the same for my other plant that I also tested. (That one went through 500 ppm since Thursday) hmm I think a light feeding is in order, what do you think?

14. I went ahead and watered @ 6.5 PH with 1/4 teaspoon Big Bloom and 1/4 teaspoon Boomerang. Run off water came out at over a 1000 ppm, although PPM going is was low 300 and the slurry test revealed a PPM of 299. At least big bloom doesn't tend to burn, but that would mean PPM that was already in the soil would be around 800, a big difference from the 299 slurry test. I also lowered my light down to 20 inches and placed her directly under.

Attached Files: