pH Problem-- Flush! HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smolenja, May 11, 2011.

1. Hey there, I'll jump right into it:

I have been feeding with the Botannicare line of products for soil in about 6.7-7.0 pH balanced tap water. The waters great, comes out of the tap at about 7.0 [​IMG]. I figured everything was okay, until a Calcium def. started to form. Bought some Cal-Mag and was feeding it in with every watering, at about 1 tsp. per gallon. The Calcium deficiency began to worsen; Got some pretty bad necrosis (brown spotting in between veins?) along with yellowing, all this mostly on the larger fan leaves. I started to suspect lock-out, so i checked the run off pH. Needless to say, I got a reading of 4.0 and under and almost shit myself. I immediately started flush (which i should be anyway, at about 1.5 weeks from harvest[​IMG]).

Out of my 3 gallon pot with FFOF soil, I've run about 5-6 gallons of water through it, only to raise the pH to 5.0. Should I keep flushing until I get to the 6.2-7.0 range? Should I wait?
    Also, when putting the last 1/2-1 gallon through the soil, should I add Cal-Mag?

+rep for quick response, THIS IS A CURRENT CRISIS! [​IMG]

-Smo \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. If you are a week and a half out from harvest I would just flush them and let them be. The fan leaves should be dying out due to the flowering anyways. Just flush with straight water and try to get your pH as close to 6 as possible and just leave them alone. I have read other people using fans on their soul to help dry it out quicker to get a correct pH reading.

3. Like he says - 10 days out.

You are on final glide for the runway. Make sure your seat belt is firmly fastened, the tray table is in the upright and locked position and your seat back is full forward.

Nothing you can or should do.

Thanks for flying