ph/ppm???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by youngprophet24, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I have somewhat of a concern more than a big issue. I have been using aqurium ph up/down i notice that this rises my total ppm, for example after mixing nutes i end up with with about 580 ppm (veg stage) and ph of about 6.7 so i add couple drops of ph down to bring it down to about 5.8-6.0, now when checking my ppm again it shows roughly about 612ppm. will this harm my plants? i have read about salt builups if ph liquid contains certain chemicals...
    Another question, my tap water is about 40 ppm is this good? i have a zero walter filter that can bring my water down to 0ppm, but do i really need to?
    thanks guys, any help will be recognized with rep. \t\t

\t\t [​IMG]

2. your plants will be fine... even with your tap water.

3. 40 ppm for tap water? thats like what I get for bottled. I get about 330 for tap thats why I don't use it lol sometimes I let it sit out and it lowers to 200ish.

4. you'll be fine with those numbers. i have a buddy that uses no meters for anything and he does well. i don't know how.... i couldn't imagine growing w/o my trusty meters, lol.