PH, PPM, and Nutes

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by urbanfarmer45, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Can someone explain to me the relationship between ph, ppm, and nutes?

As the plants eat up nutes the ph increases right? cause of the buffers are left more concentrated, correct?

is it possible to have too high of a ppm but a good ph?

i am waiting for my ppm meter in the mail so all i can do now is ph tests. sucks tho cause this API testing chart only goes from 6.0 to 7.8 so i cant tell how low the ph gets under 6.0. i try to keep it below 6 but closer to 6 than 5. hopefully its working.

im using gh floraseries. I've done a couple of res changes but i try to just top off with fresh water during the week. I've got 6 plants in a 6 gallon container so they suck up a gallon a day on average. i top off with one gallon at a time so i can add the exact amount of nutes portioned per gallon

how do i tell if i have nute lockout?

2. #2 dutchbasterd, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    The PPM is are the parts per 1,000,000 so the PPM is how much nutes you actually put in I never exceed 800 when I'm vegging and thats in my late stages from clones 2 week to week 3 I gave him anywhere from 200 to 300 ppm exceed from now on so if you don't have your ppm tester then put 2millimeters of what ever nutes on every gallon of water then step it up checking the pH balance of course 5.8 hope this helps...

3. I've heard people going up to 1800 in flower. So u can go between 300-1800.
    It all depends on how strong ur plants are at the time. Usally people test what their plants can take by watching the leafs for nutrient burn.

4. [quote name='"GanjaGremlin"']I've heard people going up to 1800 in flower. So u can go between 300-1800.
    It all depends on how strong ur plants are at the time. Usally people test what their plants can take by watching the leafs for nutrient burn.[/quote]

Yup I agree but its the pure kushs and the pure indicas that can mostly stand 1000 and more hybrids do good @,950 for the later stages of veg and flower... In my experience at lease...

5. I've seen so many charts and they all have different ppm ranges for different stages of development.

I'm in week 4 of veg and its at 360-400. I got some little autos in there too but I think they can handle it