pH LEVEL is way too ACIDIC. 6.899 is the pH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by h4rk4t, Apr 24, 2006.

1. OKay so my plants i am growing are looking good...but i tested out the pH level on my best one which sprouted like 5 days ago and is now 4 inches tall with 2 of its baby leaves (the round ones) and 2 normal jaggedy leaves...its not al that big but the pH level is measuring out really high and i dont want it going male so how do i decrease the pH level is my question...?

2. oh...and i think i need it to be at like 6.3....i dont want it going mallllee.......
    pls help
    thx city

3. O O

STOP!

You really need to read up on your chemistry :

Ph 7.0 = totally neutral
    Ph 1.0-2.0 = like stomach acid.
    Ph 10+ = a base. like ammonia.

This mean your Ph of allmost 7 = too high allmost like clear water SO NOT ACIDIC ENOUGH.

I'm not growing pro, just doing my first grow. But I do know my tech stuff.....

4. H4
    You are growing in soil right? If so your PH is fine. Soil PH will be fine between 6.0-7.0 with 6.5 being ideal. At 6.899 I would just leave it and not worry about it.

5. This mean your Ph of allmost 7 = too high allmost like clear water SO NOT ACIDIC ENOUGH.

I'm not growing pro, just doing my first grow. But I do know my tech stuff.....[/quote]

hey, im no pro either(just starint grow 1), but a ph of 7 isnt that bad...should be between 6.3-6.8 is ideal, so 6.899 or wahtever it was isnt that bad..

6. oh ok....i read in the cannabibles and all that that is should be like 6.3-6.8...(if you want females) I dont want it at 7.0 because i want to make sure it goes female...otherwise it will ahve a 50 50% chance...the more acidic, the mroe chances are its gonna be male...but i guess i will leave it how it is.....But just incase for future refrence/help....what does lower the pH level?

7. ok sweeet thanks man

8. I dont think PH has much to do with it becomming a male or a female. Although I guess it could a bit because usually there are more females in a better envoirnment. This is because the plant wants more females to spread the genes. Your PH seems like it should be more than fine.

9. alright dope thanks! ya i guess im gonna leave its pH where its att......and every tiem i water it use this solution that i mixed 1 tblsp of 'B1' with one gallon of water.......and its suppose to be good for vegetative......but im also going to be carefull with the pH. Because its actually been proven that to much acidic of a plant goes male....forgot the whole reason why but my friend showed me this grow movie thing on his computter and it was prettyyy helpfull.
    thx again
    peace