Ph Level And Much More

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Weedicles, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Okay, so I recently started up a couple cannabis plants in a hydroponic setting. My Ph level when I started was 7.5 - 8. I bought some fast-acting sulfur Ph lowerer and so far it's lowered to about a 7, and won't seem to go any lower. Also, I noticed on the bag that it said it's "For Acid Loving Plants" ... does cannabis grow with sulfur? Should I change the water and try something new? I'm so confused!

Long story short:

Will the strain "Girl Scout Cookies" grow in a 6.5 - 7 Ph level environment?
    Is sulfur a good thing to use to lower Ph, or will it harm my cannabis?
    What's a better way to lower Ph?

2. If ur goin hydro u wan to be around the 5.8 mark if I'm not mistaken.. is been awhile since I've done it.. But try using just standard PH up and PH down from general hydroponics they are VERY concentrated so if ur res is small it could only take a few drops. Do u have a reliable ph meter?

3. My PH level counter is a liquid that you drop in a small vial. It changes the color of the water based on how much PH is in the water.

4. You will need to get a much more accurate ph reader for hydro. Check out Amazon or something and get yourself a digital ph pen. And you need to get the ph down to 5.8 for hydro just like Bullscrog said. Also get some ph up, and down concentrate. Syringe, or eye dropper works great for ph up/down concentrate. Only takes a few drops per gallon.

5. Buy a ph meter and ph up down kit and use ro water. If your water is coming in that high good likelihood it's filled with TDS.

Ph5.3-5.8 or it will die.

6. Agreed with the previous post. Like I said meet dude for hydro this drops or strips jut won't cut it and if u don't have a couple hundred bucks for a meter + all the nutes etc. I would recommend soil