pH issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ryansgt, Mar 15, 2017.

1. First time grow, I have a bubbleponics setup with a 5 gallon bucket. Entire bucket and lid are food safe, lined in the outside with foil tape. No light in the bucket. Using a 6" net pot. I germinated the seeds in a small rockwool cube, planted the net pot with Growstones. I use ro water with flora trio at half strength. Using the growweedeasy.com schedule. Once I had a decent root mass I stopped the recirculating portion of bubbleponics. I originally found the stones were buffering to a high pH but I neutralized them with some stronger acid solution and that stopped during recirc. Now the water level is about an inch below the pot. My issue is I mix up my nutrients, age the water, get it to temp, pH to 5.5. The water ends up rising fairly rapidly to 6.2-6.3 and stays there. It doesn't usually change after that. I am testing the pH at the same time every day. For instance, last night I set the pH down to 5.6 and by the morning it was back up to 5.9-6.0. I read initially to keep the pH between 5.5-6.5 for hydroponics but now I am reading that you really want the pH to be 5.6-5.8. I have to add pH down multiple times a day to keep it in the 5.7 range, but it obviously naturally stays in the 6.3 range if I let it. Question is should I stress about getting that pH perfect or did the plant figure out what it wants. It is a blueberry fem from seedsman. Roots look perfect white, no off smell, plant is overall healthy. I am scrogging. Reason why I wanted to try is growth letting it sit at 6.3 seems slightly slow, it did seem to speed up a bit lowering the pH. I have a ufo led 150w true led fixture. Initially great under a CFL during the first bit of veg, then some 5000k led floods at 8w. Growth has always seemed steady, but now what I would consider massive though I'm not super experienced. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. As long as roots are white and plant is healthy/ no tell tale signs of deficiencies on leaves I'd say ur good. I use fox farm trio in soil and the "tiger bloom" drops my ph from 6.7- 5.0 sometimes lower! Guess it's not as ORGANIC as they claim. I was using baking soda to drop the ph but got ph up the next day. I was worried about TDS and salts building up but a month later all is well. I wonder what's causing ur ph to rise/fall if just using RO water or even tap which I use but let sit out 24 hrs min to evaporate fluoride/ chlorine whatever the hell they put in our water these days. Good luck I think your gonna be just fine,... keep an eye on roots and leaves and if it looks healthy and (continues to GROW) may God bless u with a heavy/clean/healthy HARVEST!

3. Well it is a bit of a weird plant, i say overall it looks healthy and it does but it has some weird leaves. I think I saw one where the tip turned yellow. Maybe 2 individual leaves (and by that I mean tips, not the entire 5-7 finder leaves) curled down into a claw. Maybe 1-2 Brown pinholes in the leaves. I chocked it up to growing pains, not that anything was actually wrong. It certainly doesn't look like any pics where they describe deficiencies or pests.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. If anything looks funny send pics

5. Keep up with
    pics even if you don't think it's worth looking at I may be able to save u some heartache