Ph issues, soil health

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Spoketoke, Apr 17, 2012.

1. So I have been using Earth Juice nutes and also using their organic ph adjusters. Well I just learned about bubbling the mixtures and am seeing that this raises the ph of my RO water + Nutes to 7.2. So I have been Adding Ph up and raising it through the roof! and my soil reads 7-8ph with a stick in the ground probe. My plants have produced decent, but I know that with the variety of issues, pH is likely a main source.

Just today I read a ph thread on here and It said that when RO water is ph'd it reads wrong with standard cheap ph electrode testers. So i add my standard 5mls/gal of organic cal-mg supplement that usually only goes in the feed bucket to my plain RO water and it results in 6.1ph, perfect :)

SO here is my question.... my issue has always been too high ph (my fault) and even with the change to RO + calmg, Feed w/o Cal-mg, alternating water days I will be averaging about 6.5ph. Do i get dolomite lime to put in my soil at 2TBS per gallon like everyone says to buffer at 7ph? it doesn't seem that there is a buffer that keeps the soil near the intended 6.0ph so is it useful to buffer to 7 if you actually need to keep the soil pH a little lower?

Also, since I am using the EJ lineup (grow, bloom, micro, meta-k, catalyst) should I also be adding mycorhazzae and bacillus org. to my soil-less HP-Pro mix media? it comes with a small amt of both in pkg.

Thank you all for your help, I hope to have even happier girls soon

2. Bump for needs

3. you want your pH of your soil to stick around 6.4-6.8. adding dolomitic lime will raise your pH, something you dont want to do.

-OSUB