Ph in my run off water is always higher

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Longjohnblonde, Oct 13, 2019.

1. hi guys im growing in coco coir using canna nutrients. I always like to fees my planta with a ph of 6.0 but when i test my run off water is always higher. What does this mean and do i need to do something to Bring it down back down to 6.0?

2. I’ve been having the drama but the opposite. My ph is lower on runoff water. Watering/feeding at 5.8 run of 5.0-5.3

3. do you check you PPM run off too?? could be cuz you have too much.............or too little nutes or whatever....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes i do and the ppm is always .6-1.0 lower
    In the run off than my feed nearly 3 weeks into flower and all leaves are dark green and the plants are doing very well i was just worrying incase it makes a difference to the yield and quality ‍♂️

5. The ideal result in bloom is ph and ppm both lower in the run off.
    Generally cant go wrong with 500ppm (1ec) feeding to run off at least once every day at ph6.3.
    Wont need to worry about whats in the run off if you do that.
    800 or so if your plants are particularly big or start to yellow from the bottom.
    Not much else to it really.

• Like Like x 2
  6. My feed goes in ph 5.6 and runs out upto 6.4

7. I had a similar situation during my current grow. I attributed it to the microbes and organic nutrients Id been feeding. Was going in 5.9 and coming out 6.3-6.4. No harm done altough I eased off on the organic tea as I was afraid certain nutrients would get locked out.

8. The Cana system is very tricky and very fussy to get it right I went to a simpler cheaper way and so happy I did no probs any more....

• Like Like x 1
  9. What do you use?