ph help

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by darren mayhem, Apr 22, 2007.

1. HI guys,

does anyone have any advise on amounts on ph down to use per litre of solution.

There is no guidelines on the bottle and at the moment im having to guess by adding very little at a time as dont want to stress by going down then up again.

Thx
    D

2. ya you have to add it a little at a time till you get the ph right.

whats been fairly consistent in my 5 gal bubble bucket is 1 ML from my syringe brings my nutrient ph up or down around .2 points depending on weather im using ph up or down.

3. it depends on what's in the solution. plain water is harder to ph than nuted water. it reacts to even a tiny drop. also, larger amounts are easier to ph than smaller amounts. i'd suggest doing a gallon at a time, minimum. i use a straw blocked off on one end with my finger and squeeze out a drop at a time.

4. Thx for the help.

Just wondering if normal to take a number of hours to adjust correctly.

Im finding that if a i take a reading staraight after almost no diff in ph, but added too much once and the next morning read way too low.

Is there any standard time to leave before taking the reading.

THx
    D

5. Ph-up and down work instantly, what you need to do is make sure you mix it in well before testing. However, the nutes you use may take a while before stablizing.

6. As soon as u mix it stir up container with a stick or something then take a reading.