Petition to Reconcider Cannabis without the ONDCP

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by seabourne, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Short URL: http://wh.gov/jd6
    Save and Share this URL: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/reconcider-all-petitions-cannabis-without-input-ondcp-because-they-are-required-oppose-legalization/m6k12t24

We petition the obama administration to:

Reconcider all petitions on cannabis without input from the ONDCP because they are required to oppose legalization.

According to Title VII Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998: Responsibilities: The Director "Drug Czar" (12) shall ensure that no Federal funds . . .study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that-- (A) is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and (B) has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration.

Therefore the office of the ONDCP is not reliable. Science has shown it to be less harmful than alcohol and for many, a safe medicine.

Pass this on to your friendlies! Post on facebook, twitter, etc.

2. #3 HeaDiEs RusH, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I think this is a great petition. If it actually gets all of the necessary votes and the media also takes notice, then we will likely see a reaction similar to what we saw with the Gallup Poll in October. The government's reaction (or lack thereof) will certainly be interesting to observe as I believe their only option is to simply ignore the petition or to go ahead and respond to it with the ONDCP anyway. The wording of the petition certainly presents a strong case to the argument and no matter how the government reacts to it, short of actually admitting they were wrong, the petition will reveal many of the lies our government spews.

Signed.

3. I wish some of these new petitions would reach the limit just like the first big one did.

More people need to sign this before its even seen publicly so share with everyone you know!

4. Wish it would actually do some good to sign these petitions. I registered with the White House site and signed the first, really popular one. And I felt like a goddamned fool when they just dismissed it as BS...no more for me...

5. We will never win by giving up so easy. All previous petitions regarding cannabis were decided on and answered by Gil Kerlikowske, the head of the ONDCP. This one stands a better chance of recieving a more honest answer, if we get the required signatures.

The only way we will ever make change is to stand up and be heard loud and clear. Write to your representatives, they need to know you want change. Sign every petition you can find.

6. That is the ideal reaction that the government wants to see. The sooner we drop this legalization issue, the sooner big corporations and our politicians can make their money in peace.

7. We can't just accept that the government won't give us a good response. We have to make them.

Unfortunately, this attitude of acceptance is the reason none of the new petitions are getting the required amount of signatures.

8. Well, good luck with that. I suppose I'm too old and have been bullshitted too much to put a lot of faith in anything that pops up in an election year...

9. Look, you're not the only one that feels frustrated and cheated. I too have lost a lot of my faith in the way our country is run, but I still haven't given up. By choosing to give up, you're essentially switching to the other side of the issue and you are actually impeding our efforts at legalization. The more support we get, the more serious the issue becomes and more difficult it becomes for our politicians to ignore it. How do you think women and minorities earned their rights in this country?