Petition the White House for Drug Reform!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dominoe, Nov 14, 2012.

1. http://wh.gov/XlPi

Sign this petition to encourage the Obama administration to have real discussions regarding federal drug reform!

We need 25,000 signatures by the 13th of December, so that the petition will be forwarded to the President. (really probably just to a member of his staff, but whatever.)

Thank you for your support! Also, please share the link and spread the word on your favorite social media, text messaging service, or feel free to make signs and post them around town.

2. Obama's got strict orders to oppress the cannabis movement.. but I dig the enthusiasm. I will sign this! :hello:

3. I will sign this

4. Lol. Keep hoping for change blades! :laughing:

5. Hope for Change, make plans that they never will

6. You guys already tried this last year, and look what happened. Do you really think it'll be any different than the last time?

White House Rejects Petition To Legalize Marijuana

This shit is pointless, stop being an armchair activist and get off your ass and march on the White House if you want a chance at any real change.

7. Please don't be discouraged by having to sign up for an account to sign the petition. It needs 150 signatures before it is even available on the front page.

8. It might have been tried before, but with CO and WA comes a new hope.

9. do it, i did,and so can u

10. Considering every single presidential canditate is owned by Big Pharma you are probally right. However I think it is much more likely to have the medical use more widely accepted. Only time will tell, I never thought I would see it even semi legal. As I said in an earlier post, Hope for Change, plan like they never will

11. [quote name='"ProvidencePlant"']You guys already tried this last year, and look what happened. Do you really think it'll be any different than the last time?

White House Rejects Petition To Legalize Marijuana

This shit is pointless, stop being an armchair activist and get off your ass and march on the White House if you want a chance at any real change.[/quote]

This.

12. #13 LSYouTiger, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012

As much as I would love to, Washington is far as fuck. I suggest starting at state capitals and getting your own governor to challenge the federal law. If enough do, then POTUS will either have to send his military in, or submit to the will of the people.

I feel a war is more likely. Legalization would certainly help the US and everyone in the world. Not only are there hundreds of companies that do not want to see this plant legalized, but they would also be willing to use force to stop it.

This issue is broader than just the plant itself. The federal government will do its best to keep people from learning how democracy works. If we successfully legalize this plant, where do we stop. The government doesn't fear the people legalizing the plant, the government fears people learning how to use the system.

So how do we win:

1) petition state and local governments
    2) win the battle in the courts. Do not convict anyone of such "crime." if you know anyone participating in a jury, tell them to refuse to convict the defendant.

13. Nobody has read it apparently. This isn't the same as "Legalize pot!" I want people to be grown up about how horribly the drug war has failed, and to make some compromise!

14. I understand where you are coming from, but certain drugs are probally better left alone. Most of the budget against drugs is done with marijuana... And stopping arresting people from marijuana is bad for business with privatized jails.

15. I actually did read it, so much for assuming ;)

My point still stands, Obama is gonna look at this shit, laugh, and pat you on the head and tell you to go run along now.

16. Exactly. These petitions are pointless as fuck.

It's more like "Petition the White House to give us another pre-written response about their stance on marijuana. Again."

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/what-we-have-say-about-legalizing-marijuana
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/what-we-have-say-about-marijuana-and-hemp-production

That's all you get out of these petitions. A boring response explaining why your petition is pointless. :p

17. Exactly. Good thing there are more people than there are private prison owners. Maybe a little awareness will go a long way. Share the link, sign the petition!

18. It's sad isn't it? Oh well this is why we have GC, to be able to talk about our favorite plants

19. I thought this whole online petition thing might potentially be a good thing when it first started...

Then I saw that they really didn't care about them, and just gave pre-defined responses to all the petitions...and saw that it was all just a stunt to make it seem like they cared what people thought.

Change is coming, though...