Petition in Support of HB1380 N.C. Medical Marijuana act

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Carolina_sinse, Dec 7, 2009.

1. We have a petition in favor of HB1380 so if you live in N.C. PLEASE stop by our homepage and download petition, print it, and get as many signatures as you can, and mail to the address provided. Thanks Carolina_sinse NCCPN Global Moderator.
    The North Carolina Cannabis Patients Network - Home

2. No responses, guess theres not any Carolinians here. If their are please tell everybody you know about this bill, and encourage them to tell their reps.
    Chairman Bob England, M.D. (Dem) Bob.England@ncleg.net
    Chairman Verla Insko (Dem) Verla.Insko@ncleg.net
    Vice Chairman Beverly M. Earle (Dem) Beverly.Earle@ncleg.net
    Vice Chairman Carolyn K. Justus (Rep) Carolyn.Justus@ncleg.net
    Vice Chairman Wil Neumann (Rep) Wil.Neumann@ncleg.net
    Vice Chairman Ray Rapp (Dem) Ray.Rapp@ncleg.net
    Members
    Alma Adams (Dem) Alma.Adams@ncleg.net
    Martha B. Alexander (Dem) Martha.Alexander@ncleg.net
    Marilyn Avila (Rep) Marilyn.Avila@ncleg.net
    Jeff Barnhart (Rep) Jeff.Barnhart@ncleg.net
    Harold J. Brubaker (Rep) Harold.Brubaker@ncleg.net
    Pearl Burris-Floyd (Rep) Pearl.Burris-Floyd@ncleg.net
    Tricia Ann Cotham (Dem) Tricia.Cotham@ncleg.net
    William A. Current, Sr. (Rep) Bill.Current@ncleg.net
    Nelson Dollar (Rep) Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net
    Jean Farmer-Butterfield (Dem) Jean.Farmer-Butterfield@ncleg.net
    Rick Glazier (Dem) Rick.Glazier@ncleg.net
    Bruce Goforth (Dem) Bruce.Goforth@ncleg.net
    W. Robert Grady (Rep) Robert.Grady@ncleg.net
    Julia C. Howard (Rep) Julia.Howard@ncleg.net
    Sandra Spaulding Hughes (Dem) Sandra.Hughes@ncleg.net
    Daniel F. McComas (Rep) Danny.McComas@ncleg.net
    Marian N. McLawhorn (Dem) Marian.McLawhorn@ncleg.net
    Earline W. Parmon (Dem) Earline.Parmon@ncleg.net
    Randy Stewart (Dem) Randy.Stewart@ncleg.net
    William L. Wainwright (Dem) William.Wainwright@ncleg.net
    Jennifer Weiss (Dem) Jennifer.Weiss@ncleg.net
    W. A. (Winkie) Wilkins (Dem) Winkie.Wilkins@ncleg.net

3. Bump Whats up N.C. NOBODY INTERESTED IN THIS BILL?:(

4. emailed my reps many times. I'm very interested in this bill, my mom needs MMJ

5. Heres the bill http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2009/Bills/House/PDF/H1380v1.pdf the Health Committee will vote on this bill in May then it goes to the Senate, then to the Finance Committee. Representative Earl Jones, (the bills sponsor) estimates revenues for the state would total more than $60 million annually. This bill will generate thousands of jobs, and in my opinion would generate at the least $100 million annually.

6. Hey guys, Ive been on bored with this bill since it was introduced. Back in July they said that they needed to be educated about MMJ, and that they would look at it again on December 1st of this year, but the first came around, and I havent heard anything since....I have printed the petition out already, and have about 40 signitures. How many votes do we need?

7. We are trying to get 100,000 signatures send to address provided on petition as soon as possible they will be hand delivered to Raliegh. The bill will come up for a vote in May in the Health committee so everybody needs to keep emailing our reps and tell them that we wont r-elect them unless they pass this bill.

8. Bump!!!! Where are you people?!?!? We need more people out there getting signatures! We need 100k!!!! Anyone know how many we have already?

9. bump is right
    I am not sure how many we have right now there are hundreds of peeps getting them. Hell we might get 1,000,000 b4 its said and done Ill check with Jean and see how many have been sent to her to date and post my findings.

10. I'll do this I can probably get a few hundred signatures.

You should post this in another part of the forum maybe, I don't think enough people visit this page.

11. How did you do that in a non ballot initiative state? I am in GA (a non ballot initiative state) I thought the only option was getting members of Congress sponsor a bill (like that will ever happen). I email and call my Senators and Congressman weekly but it accomplishes nothing. Please help! Who do I need to contact to get something like that started in my state?

12. There are some typos on that petition I would probably fix.

13. How can Virginia help? How would I go about doing something similar?

14. My sister lives in Charlotte and I plan on going to UNCW in acouple years after I get done with Cincinnati. Anything I can do to help I will just let me know.

15. #15 Carolina_sinse, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
    OK, mfzb04 you can pass this info along to your sis, and have her spread the word.

HippieGardner, nothing you can do here unless you know some residents of this state and tell them about this bill. As far as your state is concerned start contacting your officials and your chapter of NORML:
    NORML at UVA
    222 Maupin
    Charlottesville, VA 22904 Map
    Voice (703) 517-3822
    Officers: Caroline Matson (President), Zachary Aman, Andrew Gray, Zachary Batts, Matthew Shearman ask them what you can do.

Jdahms, It took me a min. Saw it (compassionate) I did not write it, but will see what I can do. However I dont think this is a problem. Get as many as you can signed and send to address provided. thanks

beginingbuds, Our bill was introduced by House Representatives:
    Earl Jones, Pricey Harrison, Nick Macke, Kelly M. Alexander, Jr, and Susan C. Fisher.
    You can contact your chapter of NORML and ask what you can do here ya go:

Georgia NORML
    1400 Buford HY, L-4
    Sugar Hill, GA 30578 Map
    Voice (770) 401-4045
    ganorml@yahoo.com
    www.ganorml.org
    Officers: David Clark (Executive Director), John Hill (Executive Director), Tanya Burgess (Director)

Georgia NORML at University of Georgia
    Athens, GA 30602 Map
    Voice (678) 592-7777
    www.uga.edu/norml
    Officers: Wojciech Kaczkowski

I hope this helps.

16. Hey Carolinians we need you to mail in those petitions, soon as you get pages full. Thanks.

17. hey im from nc to and heard bout that bill but theres better cooking up in congress check this out this will allow anyone thats 21 to have marijuana

H.R. 2943: Support the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act

if we just can get congress and senate to pass it this bill has a good chance cause
    ohbama said his self that he supports legalizeing marijuana

they also got a medical marijuana law comeing out check it out here

H.R. 2835: Support the Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act

happy reading :)

18. Come on North Carolinians! Sign those acts^^^ :)