Pests!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by platinum drew, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Let my start by saying yes, I did read the sticky on pests, but I'm having trouble identifying what kind of little insects I have flying around my plant.

They're small. that's the problem. the sticky has detailed descriptions of them, but man...I really have no idea what they are. they're just too small and too fast to examine. They're little winged insects that usually park themselves on the undersides of the leaves, or fly around aimlessly. I *Think* they have 6 legs each...

the question: what's the best way to solve this? is there a general insecticide that can kill them off without hurting my plant? they don't seem to be causing any real problems, I mean the plant still seems very healthy, but I don't want it to start causing problems. thanks to anyone who can help out! my plant is coming up on it's third week of life and I don't want it to end until harvest! I've never had a successful grow, and I'm really hoping this time =-/

2. If it's flying insects maybe one of those hanging sticky things that catches flies (fly paper?). I seem to have little such varmints flying around my grow from time to time. I also have a decent spider population as well, which will eat lots of stuff for you if you let them.

If they don't seem to be doing any harm, don't worry about them. Try not to use chemicals or pesticides if possible. Be patient and keep an eye on your plants, one good way to stay ahead, or at least on top of things hehe . .

Gg