Pesticides

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by houstonstonie, May 1, 2003.

1. I AM CONSIDERING SPRAYIN MY PLANT WITH PESTICIDE OR SOMETHING BECAUSE SOME OF THE LEAVES IN MY PLANTS ARE GETTIN LITTLE HOLES THAT ARE BROWN AROUND THE EDGES AND IM WONDERIN IF SPRAYIN THEM WILL HELP OUT....ALSO WONDERIN IF ITLL CHANGE WHAT I SMOKE...ANY SUGGESTIONS????

2. HIGH All, when going in for an attack you have to know what your enemy is. Not too many pest just leave little holes...what comes to mind maybe are weevils or flea beetles.

Spider mites don't leave holes they cause (what I call starvation marks) a fine stippling which progresses to an overall bronzing of the leaves.

The Fungus Gnats Larvae of these flies feed on roots, thus stunting plant growth. Thrips cause discolored or distorted plant tissue or black specks of feces around stippled leaf surfaces are clues that thrips are or were present.

Large populations of White fly can cause leaves to turn yellow, appear dry, or fall off plants. Whiteflies excrete honeydew, so leaves may be sticky or covered with black sooty mold.

Not too many pest leave holes so if you can identify the damage you'll likely find your culprit.