Personal THC Extractor

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DerekDubbya, Jul 12, 2022.

1. I'm new-ish into the stoner community and am interested in making larger volumes of THC butter/oil/extract for edibles such. I was wondering if there are any reputable websites/ devices that I can buy that can simplify the process. Are there personal THX extractors that are affordable (~$100)? If you've used one could you link it and give some reviews?

Thank you in advance,

-Derek

• Like Like x 1
  2. Get a press and make rosin I recommend dabpress for best money spent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Can I use rosin to make edibles? What exactly is rosin?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like you have a lot of reading ahead.
    Try a Google search of different types of cannabis concentrates there are a lot.
    I like pressing for the no chemicals used and quality of finished product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to the City.

Beware most all the "Machines" have a 2 cup minimum and are really unsuitable for most uses as they make way to much low potency oil and oil goes rancid over time. Better to make small batches of very high potency oil.

Working with Concentrates you can work in drops and teaspoons rather then cups of oil. You simply don't need the massive quantities of oil most recipes call for.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams of Kief or Hash or Concentrates (Live Rosin)
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Reheat.
    Done.

[​IMG]
    This is done with dry ice Kief (Hash) 75mg per capsule. Triple size batch so 15 grams of Kief. Fills about 90 capsules. 1 per day for me.

50% is what I use. So 500mg of THC per gram. Each capsule contains just 0.166666 grams of hash per cap.
    1 drop = 3 mg.
    Concentrates are 90% range so using this recipe is 5=6mg per drop. 2 drops is a good starting place.

BNW

• Like Like x 2