Personal Grows in UK?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by igrade, May 17, 2012.

1. Ok, so I heard on the news today that a group (not sure which group) are urging the government to allow small personal grows in the UK. I thought this would be 2-3 plants, but the figures classed as personal would be up to 12 plants, with no criminal record if caught, just a fine. To be honest, I'd be ok with just 3-4 plants to keep me going through the year!

Does anyone know any more about this story? I heard it and can't find anything else about it.

I very much doubt this will even be entertained by the government, but maybe they will re-consider the classification of bud! It definitely should not be in the same class as ketamine!!!

What are your thoughts?:smoke:

2. Nice thought but a no hoper. U onli get a slap on the wrist anyway....

3. I have also heard it has been 'decriminalized' but not legalized, but only 9 plants with a fine of 150% of your weekly wage and all your gear seized.

4. yeah bro i hrd the same on the radio bbc one a little twinkle came to my eye when i hrd it 12 fuckin plants amazing tbh though 3-4 plants would do me aswell haha but no i cant find anything more about it :(

5. [quote name='"igrade"']Ok, so I heard on the news today that a group (not sure which group) are urging the government to allow small personal grows in the UK. I thought this would be 2-3 plants, but the figures classed as personal would be up to 12 plants, with no criminal record if caught, just a fine. To be honest, I'd be ok with just 3-4 plants to keep me going through the year!

Does anyone know any more about this story? I heard it and can't find anything else about it.

I very much doubt this will even be entertained by the government, but maybe they will re-consider the classification of bud! It definitely should not be in the same class as ketamine!!!

What are your thoughts?:smoke:[/quote]

Might as well get out the 50 gallon buckets keep the op to a minimum of 5 lol

6. The funny thing is K is class C and weed is B

7. Heard something about this on the radio, but not much other than that. It's true though, if you are caught with 3 or 4 plants with intention for personal use you only really get a slap on the wrist, although it would be nice to get that extra bit of freedom! It also could be the start of a long road to legalization in the UK. Hope to hear more about this soon...
    Peace :bongin:

8. I was under the impression that the UK were cracking down on weed and grow ops in general. This would be awesome if it actually went through (which it won't).

9. Also that 9 plant rule is for plants up to 40 grams which is pretty small. And they probably weigh them wet.

10. The cannabis laws in the UK are fucking ridiculous. They say it's a class B, but then they go on to say you'll only get a small fine if you grow the fucking stuff? Not complaining, it just confuses me why it's a class B when they're not even that strict on it.

11. You should try living in Australia. Over here it's still rated in the top category of drug classification (right alongside heroin). Even though it's rare to be charged, simple possession is still a criminal act (right along side murder).

Logic is not the strong point of my nations politicians.

As for the OP, I wish you the best of luck, but the whole world is pretty much waiting on what America is doing at the moment in regards to marijuana. As soon as they give it the thumbs up, we'll see countries turning green all over the globe.

12. Amen. You guys are fucking lucky if I could grow 9 plants with no fear of jail time I would be the happiest guy.

Over here they just introduced "harsher" penalties and banned bongs. Can't wait till this generation of politicians gets replaced.

13. #15 cko299, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    Absolutely no chance of leniency for as long as we have a conservative dominated coalition. And even if Labour get back in power the only high profile supporter of reform was Bob Ainsworth, who has been kicked off the shadow cabinet. And it was Labour who told David Nutt to resign from the ACMD cos he used scientific fact to say that cannabis was less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol, so I don't have high hopes.

Won't stop me though:smoke: