Personal dilemma... When is enough enough?

Discussion in 'General' started by GH057, May 24, 2008.

1. First off I'll say no, this isn't aimed at politics or anything of the sort.
    Next I'll try and keep it short for a few reasons (And we had a rant yesterday).

I live with my cousin and his girlfriend. I have a for a year, and just a couple months ago they were given a beautiful little Japanese breed dog. Its a puppy, of course, and is not completely potty trained. Just before they got the dog they consulted me as to whether or not I minded because we do share a place together, and I was hesitant. Why? At the time they had two Bearded Dragons that they had had for a couple years, and after having moved in they began neglecting them. Well, about this time those lizards literally looked like they were about to do, so I told them straight up "No, I don't mind if you get the dog, but you need to take care of those lizards." And I was dead serious.

They sold the lizards to some nice fellow and got the dog - and back to my point... We've had the dog for a couple months now. The first wasn't too bad, the lack of potty training was tolerated, but I think the "discipline" has gone too far. I'm no animal rights fanatic, but I do feel there is a line between discipline and abuse. Rubbing its face in it and taking it to the door when it goes in the wrong place or giving it a light swat when it bites, to me, is adequate discipline, but as I said, I think its gone too far.

They leave the dog in its tiny ass kennel almost all day - even if they are home. And on top of that, they do what seems to me to be "sketch" to say the least. I keep to myself, but when the dog does something wrong and the girlfriend (Who does all of this) takes it into their bedroom and I hear yelping - I wonder. Today, however, almost threw me off my "keep to myself" perch.

I went to bed at about 3:00 AM and, seeing as how its the weekend and I'm in school/have a lot to get done, I was trying to get adequate sleep; however, I was woken up by muffled, scolding gestures, loud yelping, and noises one might associate with beating the shit out of something. I jumped out of bed, opened my door, and asked - politely - what the noises were. After a long pause, I hear the girlfriend, quietly mumble "nothing" and step out the front door. It had woken me up so abruptly I couldn't go back to sleep, so I grabbed a smoke and on the way out the door noticed a wet towel by the front door.

Not sure what the point of this is other than a rant and asking for others input, but I've reached my threshold with them (primarily her, if I were to make a rant why it would be a couple pages); and I'm torn because my cousin was the closest thing to a brother I had growing up, and I don't want to harm our relationship anymore than has been done over the past year of dealing with them.

~fumes~

2. It sounds like shes abusing the dog, ask your cousin about it and see if he knows whats going on. I wouldn't put up with that shit, abusing animals is fucking low.

3. Exactly, Im not for snitching on ppl when It comes to ganj, but when a defenseless animal is being hurt for peeing somewhere, there is a line that has been crossed.

Have a talk with your cuz and his gf, and let them know you have heard the poor thing yelping, and to knock it off, I mean damn they can potty train the dog, its not that hard, jsut requires time and patience.

If that continues, call humane society on their asses.