Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Persistent Cough. Has been bad for a month now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Apocalytical420, Jun 20, 2016.

1. So I started smoking weed about a year ago. At the time I had not smoked cigarettes and was toking on average as a begginer 2 bowls a day with about half a gram each. I remember coughing but that would stop as soon as I got a drink. Now as of today it has been a year since I started and I didn't have this cough. Summer rolls around and me and my friends are buying about an ounce a week. Me and my friend had been hooked on cigs for about 6 months now and never had a issue. So we go to our favorite spot to toke up and so we did. I took a pretty big hit for me and instantly was dying of coughing. That was the last bowl anyways. I go home and sleep. The next morning I can not stop coughing. I take some DayQuil to help and it dose a little. I even tried robotussin thinking the cough suppressant would help. It was just getting worse. So I go to the doctor after about a week and they said it was allergies. I've never had allergies of any kind. So I take the meds for my allergies but nothing prevails. I dont always cough as much as the first week, but when I do cough, if I'm standing up it's worse and my whole body just explodes (not literally) I can't stop coughing to breathe so I end up sitting on the floor until it stops so I dont fall over. It's not like my cough is there when I smoke cigs but if I smoke weed I'm guaranteed to cough over and over and over for a few hours. Then its back to normal, but it isnt always when I smoke. I took a week break from everything and still no luck. I read about Chronic Bronchitis but I'm not quite sure if that is whas happening. If anyone had something similar and could help I would appreciate it

2. The longer you smoke cigarettes, the more likely you are to develop chronic bronchitis from it. It's highly likely that the cigarettes are contributing to this, and I recommend quitting (for that among many other reasons).

However, it is possible to develop chronic bronchitis from smoking marijuana as well. If it does not improve after quitting cigarettes, I would recommend switching to edibles, vaporizing, or tinctures, at least part of the time.

3. Cigarettes dude. That's what's causing this. Get off the tobacco.