Perpetual grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Rbskttlz, Jun 15, 2012.

1. #1 Rbskttlz, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
    Okay, so I have found a place to grow. I will grow and plan to harvest every 2 weeks. I plan to do a sog grow following al b fucts grow method titles "get a harvest every 2 weeks" I will have 2 mothers, 10 clones, 10 in weeks 0-2, 10 in weeks 3-4 10 in weeks 5-6 and 10 in weeks 7-8. Then I will harvest. I plan to put the clones directly into flower after 7-10 days of root growth. I will prolly end up going with bubbleponics for my hydroponic setupI have a few questions

- what light should I get? I will prolly need two for this setup. Will 2 600 watts work for this? I will have the mother under two 200 watt cfls
    - what feeding should I follow? I was going to follow the Lucas formula; will that work?
    - how big of Pots does each plant have to be in?
    - what size net pots should I put the plants in?
    - when I top the res every day where should the water line end up? Should It only be touching the rooots? Or the bottom of the net pot?

I will post questions as I remember them. I'm a little high 0.o

2. No one had any input? Any help would be greatly appreciated

3. it sounds like this is new to you. you have the right thought process but the experience just isnt there.

but ill see if i can help.

2x600w lights should cover a 6x3/6x4 area the most efficiency.

the plants dont have to be in huge pots. just fill em with hydroton to keep them sturdy. the roots all end up in the res.

the more bubbles the better for your airstone. go oversized on the air pump cause the more the better.

lucas formula should work but ive never used it.

the water line should be just under the net pots about an inch or so. this gives the roots incentive to grow down to the water instead of crowding the net pot.

take notes and you will get better with every harvest

4. For your grow i think the led lights will be the perfect one. Here the plant food should be ordered from a professional suppliers online. The pots should be small a for the beginning.

5. Before I give my input.

Are you growing for personal use ? commercial ?

I ask because, I have found here in GC a lot of growers invest a few bucks on equipment & stuff and they just use it one time and that's it.

I grow personal and have a perpetual every two weeks. However 1 600W is more than enough to harvest a few pounds of the best bud in the years to come

6. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']Before I give my input.

Are you growing for personal use ? commercial ?

I ask because, I have found here in GC a lot of growers invest a few bucks on equipment & stuff and they just use it one time and that's it.

I grow personal and have a perpetual every two weeks. However 1 600W is more than enough to harvest a few pounds of the best bud in the years to come[/quote]

Personal use. And for my friends and shit. I plan to grow for a while to come. I'm only 18 and have a lot of years of growing ahead of me haha. I wanna harvest 10 plants every two weeks. I've actually been following a threa by "trichome fiend" and it's basically exactly what I wanna do. I wanna do 40 plants on prolly a 3x3 or 4x4 and sog them.

image-3299732803.jpg

This is why I plan to have... Someday haha I live in an area where I will literally get fucked by the cops if I was discovered growing... YOLO lol

7. Ok now my input !

I use one 600Watts for flowering in 4X4 Grow Tent. I used to have 16 plants in 2.5 gallons each. It was a weekly rotation of 2 plants per week. Although I feel passion for mj sometimes, I love growing more than anything else related. However I did not know what I signing up with 16 plants and weekly perpetual. Is a lot of work from from what ever angle you look at it.

That takes me to my next question. Do you know how to grow anything ? If you have never grow mj (which I will suppose you haven't) take just the CFLs f and grow a plant under the CFL first. Unfortunately growing is not for everybody. I have given the same tips and stuff I do to my plants to others and if they have the Black Thumb that plant will die regardless, lol. Sorry but True !

But to give the full input I use right now:

1. One 600Watt HPS for flowering
    2. 184 CFL for veg
    3. Bi-Weekly Perpetual with 4 plants
    4. Veg Time is just one-two weeks tops after 12 days of rooting process
    5. I harvest 2.5 Oz in average from each plant (1/4 pound every month = 3 pounds a year)
    6. Use simple nutrients mixes (I went from using ike 15 bottles of nutrients to 4 bottles
    7. Work your temps more than anything

8. #8 Rbskttlz, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']Ok now my input !

I use one 600Watts for flowering in 4X4 Grow Tent. I used to have 16 plants in 2.5 gallons each. It was a weekly rotation of 2 plants per week. Although I feel passion for mj sometimes, I love growing more than anything else related. However I did not know what I signing up with 16 plants and weekly perpetual. Is a lot of work from from what ever angle you look at it.

That takes me to my next question. Do you know how to grow anything ? If you have never grow mj (which I will suppose you haven't) take just the CFLs f and grow a plant under the CFL first. Unfortunately growing is not for everybody. I have given the same tips and stuff I do to my plants to others and if they have the Black Thumb that plant will die regardless, lol. Sorry but True !

But to give the full input I use right now:

[*]One 600Watt HPS for flowering
    [*]184 CFL for veg
    [*]Bi-Weekly Perpetual with 4 plants
    [*]Veg Time is just one-two weeks tops after 12 days of rooting process
    [*]I harvest 2.5 Oz in average from each plant (1/4 pound every month = 3 pounds a year)
    [*]Use simple nutrients mixes (I went from using ike 15 bottles of nutrients to 4 bottles
    [*]Work your temps more than anything
    [/quote]

I understand the cfl thing, just doesn't seem worth it to me idk why. Anyway I plan to do a 40 plant perpetual harvest. The same setup as you basically. I will be following the Lucas formula. I plan to get a 48 gallon res for nutes which takes a 2 to 1 cup ratio of the Lucas formula, (when used with RO/DI water) and there is no need to check with meters or pH correct. I will change res every 10-14 days(when I harvest 10 plants) I plan to build a 4x4 flood and drain table, I just can't decide on a thousand watt light or six hundred watt. But I'm not sure. I don't plan to veg at all. I plan to aeroclone for 16-21 days(till I have a good root base) and then go straight to 12/12. Then flower for eight weeks straight.

Question: do you or anyone have any experience with the Lucas formula using the dry mix. According to the lucasformula.com website, the dry mix can be used and is the easiest and cheapest method. Is it as effective as the Lucas formula with the flora series?

Sorry I'd this post is all over the place, I'm really really high (y)

9. The Lucas formula is an easy and cheap way to go. Great for starting out. You will have 40 plants at your peak. Even though you aren't really vegging them they will still take up lots of room.

You will have a problem with light penetration especially when you put the fourth group into flower. The shorter plants would suffer, unless you find a way to adjust them to make an even canopy. Also, be sure your strain is 8 wks. The seed breeder is usually off by a week or two unless you do everything perfect.

Heres what i do.
    600w x 4
    scrog x 4
    4 plants each harvest
    Veg 5 wks from cutting
    Harvest every 2.5 wks
    Avg harvest 20oz

This works out to 10 weeks bloom for each cycle, running two strains alternately.
    Also this is hydro dwc recirculating with waterfall. I have gotten rid of air stones altogether and it works wobderfully. (air pump noise disrupted neighbors)