Perlite?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IGotLuv4Bud, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Anyone ever used perlite to grow with? I saw some today and it looked neat... Dunno how great it would be to grow with though...

2. Not sure I understand what you mean with your question. To grow with all perlite or use perlite as an ammendment? Using perlite as a soil ammendment is almost always done, or at least highly recomended to use. I love perlite as a soil ammendment!! As for just using it to grow with isn't always a good thing. Perlite floats, which can become harmful when watering. It also requires close attention to if you do use it! It drains so fast that it needs a constant supply of water and nutrients, which if you have the ability to watch closely, can work very well. You can dial in exactly what the plants needs are to a single ppm. Another thing that you need to watch out for when using is the texture of it. It can be very sharp, so when you handle your plants you have to be very gentle or the roots may get damaged. I could go on for ever but you hopefully get the point.

Peace

3. you have to mix it with something. it is to light and your plant will fall over every time you water. most soil mixes have perlite in them all ready even mirical grow. do some research.

good luck holla back