Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Inflammation Pericarditis, Palpitations

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Shotta645, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hi, I am an 18 year old male and am new to this and am just looking for some advice and for other peoples thoughts and experiences. I also apologise for lots of writing I just need to get to the bottom of this as i don't want to stop smoking unless this problem will keep occurring when i smoke.

Over the last the few months I have been experiencing mild chest/heart pains after smoking weed and thought nothing of it, however last week after smoking a bucket (not my usual way of smoking but went through a years stage of mainly smoking buckets and had no problems) I experienced more severe pains which felt like sharp shooting pains and a aching feeling in my chest, my heart rate was a lot faster and I felt dizzy, the dizziness lasted a few minutes however the severe chest pains where on and off for about 6 hours, even when i was sleeping and woke up due to it. After this occurred i went to to hospital the next day and had and ECG test and blood tests, my blood tests suggested i had an underactive thyroid however they were not certain and so am going back for another blood test in a few months; after research i didn't seem to have many symptoms that would suggest this, however my symptoms suggest more towards an overactive thyroid (tiredness, difficulty sleeping, heart palpitations, mild anxiety and struggle putting on weight). Since this i have tried smoking a couple off a joint to be sure if this is was related to weed and my pains got worse about half an hour after smoking and lasted about 6 hours again. Today I went for a slighty more advanced ECG scan and ultrasound and the doctor thinks i have pericarditis which is an inflammation of the heart, treated by Ibropofen to reduce the swelling although needs to be assessed in more detail to be sure.

I have some ideas myself although am no doctor so i could be well off and so am looking for your thoughts and experiences as i believe the doctors are always going to just tell me to stop smoking as i live in the UK which may be what is necessary although if there is anyway around this i am more than happy to try anything that may help.

My theories are as follows:
    -Weed in my area could be sprayed(not sure what with) as just previously to the more severe pains i went to amsterdam to smoke and had no problems at all, no mild pains in my chest and this was after feeling mild chest pains after smoking in UK.
    - I may have always had an overactive thyroid which can cause palpitations and smoking which i have found can also cause heart palpitations and these have interfered with each other causing it to happen however this does not explain why i have been fine when smoking the last 5 years of my life unless it has developed only recently.
    -I also wonder if it is the smoke i am inhaling however am going to try brownies when my pains have completely gone, just didnt want to make matters worse if it is not necessary.

Thanks a lot if you have taken your time to read this, I really appreciate any thoughts you may have.

2. So I'm no doctor, but it seem like you shouldn't be smoking. Just like me. I'm 58. Got mild COPD. It's another breathing thing. Not sure of the legalities of weed in the UK. If you guys get medical marijuana cards or black market or just how it works? But it seems to me the first thing you should be doing is checking out a vaporizer. The only time I smoke a joint, bong, pipe, etc is for the hell of it or in a crowd for recreation purposes. Other than that I'm always using a vape. Much better for the health. There's also a learning curve. If your used to a bong for instance, at your age you probably are, your used to that instant bang high, you won't get that from a vape. Think of a vape like taking a aspirin for a headache takes a bit to kick in, same thing. If you go the vape route, Don't go cheap, you don't have to go off the wall, but again don't go cheap, you'll be sorry later only by buying a new one. Pax is good, Focus, Mighty, FlowerMate, there's a bunch of good portables. There's a website called "fuckcombusion" you should become a member. there a good bunch of guys over there. There's also a bunch of UK people over there also that could help you. If you come over and become a member my avatar is the same I'll welcome you in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for replying so soon, i am looking into buying the flowermate vape to see if thats my solution, i really appreciate taking your time to read and reply. I am going to have a look at the website now and will look for you. thanks again.

4. When you make your decision base it on the type of bowl, mouthpiece, how easy it is to clean that kind of stuff. Bought a 300 pinnacle pro for 1/2 price thought wow what a deal. Piece of shit. Thing gets hot as hell, mouthpiece is right next to the bowl to it gets really hot, not to mention it's plastic to it gets hot also so your weed tastes like plastic, So if your buying something with a glass mouthpiece or similar and a bowl thats ceramic or glass you get a much better taste. Did you get a chance to check out that website? You should if you haven't. There's a lot of answers to your questions, it's this format but a lot smaller, check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey one more thing. You also might want to get into Leafly if you haven't already. That way you can start finding out what strains of weed you can start looking for when you get your card. Leafly is cool. You can do custom searches for "Pain, depression, insomnia, whatever? Just an afterthought.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's the ganja. I too have had that issue!

It's crazy but some strains just do this. Also, like you have suggested, it can be something they use as fertilizer or it can be it wasn't flushed properly. That's why when you went to Amsterdam they didn't have ganja that would cause you problems. They are fucking pros there and it shows.

What I did, I went with a different guy and started getting different ganja. There was this mountain top strain that was fuckin me up! Heart going crazy, feeling like I'm having a fucking heart attack, felt like I was going a bit out of my mind. So I smoked what was in my other jar and sure enough, no issues.

Try ganja from someone else. Remember, most U.K. Growers are just mom and pop shops who are looking to make some extra cash. They don't know much and rely on a grower to show up once a week to keep it up and fix any problems. These growers give zero fucks about your health and do what they need to do to make that money.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks for your help, i dont suppose you would know if these strains or fertilisers which may be having a negative effect on my heart would cause the same effect on me if i was to vape them, as if it is a fertiliser it may not be vaped at the temperature which weed is?

8. I have signed up and wrote my issue on their forum and like you said have had some helpful replies of some good people, I did look for your account however was unable to find it?

9. I haven't smoked in a long time but when I did I noticed the same thing. One strain, Colombian Gold, from back in the day, was absolutely, well, almost spiritual. Other bags made me crazy, as in hours-long palpitations and anxiety. Palpitation episodes are also something that can get ground into your nervous system. You have to be careful with drugs, they are ALL hypnotics, and if you learn to freak out while smoking, or tripping, or drinking coffee even, you run the risk of always, as in lifetime, having that reaction. Two nights ago I was LOOKING AT PICS OF CANNABIS FLOWERS ON GOOGLE and suddenly had a 6 1/2 hours long palpitation episode. This shit has to stop, it was something my body learned to do a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow Colombian Gold that's a name I haven't heard in a real long time. Have doctors suggested some sort of pacemaker or anything to control this?

11. No my ECG's come out fine. No exercise restrictions. My problems are mental. I tend towards introversion i.e. I can be convinced to think unproductively. So, I freak myself out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dude it's impossible to know what growers use as fertilizer or what they add to heir ganja. It could also be the hybrid strain your smoking as well. Just hit up someone else and see how the ganja effects you.

As far as vaping goes, give it a try and report back your results. It's the only way to know for sure. Regardless of that, change up the ganja you're smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's one good thing I like about having a medical card. may pay more but at least I know what I'm getting.

• Like Like x 2

14. I guess if you want street weed just ask at any barber shop :) But yeah I'd be afraid of getting that crazy weed shit. Remember paraquat?

I suspect strongly that the government likely tampers with weed. Weed is said to demotivate. So, if you can get young men to stop using it, it would make them more available for the military. You'll notice two countries with palpitation pot are the US and UK.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think I have to disagree when you say the "government" tampers with weed. As far as I know here the government doesn't have there hands on it at all. Ya they control every other aspect of it but the actual handling of it no. The labs do that and they don't affiliate with the gov., that's as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the street weed I mean. I could be wrong. But it is a fact that the gov't does drug experiments all the time. I just heard a reliable 2nd hand account of the gov't literally giving drugs to the guys in the Vietnam war. So it's not a rumor, it's real. So you can rest assured they're still at it, exactly where and how I don't know. Alternatively there may be a cannibinoid that some people are sensitive to, or a cannibinoid in some strains but not others.

Remember MKUltra? I got into some of that shit in 1971 too. But this is Shottas thread and not mine :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh ya for sure that wouldn't surprise me at all. Sorry didn't know that's were you were going. Thought you were talking about in general stuff like pesticides being used on weed that kind of stuff. That's what I like about dispensary weed.

• Like Like x 1