Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Percolator in bong bubbles/foams up oddly. Help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BJones, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I've had this bong since early '11, this problem never happened once throughout the whole year. I've since changed houses, and moved in with a new crew of mates. In the '11 house, it was just me smoking, and when my mates came over they would smoke up too. But now I m living with my mates that also smoke, so the bong is getting a lot more frequent use.

But basically, it's a 2 chamber bong, the beaker, and the percolator chamber. Whenever the water in the percolator chamber is left to sit for a hour or so or when it's not being used or whatever, it has a huge chance to like bubble right up to the mouthpiece when used next. It is as if, the bubbles like stack up all the way to the top and cling onto the side, it also brings up the resin stains all the way up. It's friggin bizzarre, and ruins many bong hits, by getting dirty bong water in your mouth during the pull. Whenever the water is cleaned out, the problem is fixed until it's left to sit again lol.

I clean the water frequently anyway, so it's not really a huge problem, but i just wanna know why the hell it's happening, i used to leave the bong to sit for ages with the same water in '11 and never once. But now it's a daily thing.

My theories that i have thus far, is that now I' m smoking with more people, someone is a drool-er or something, and when that is left it causes more foam like bubbling, i hope not though lol. But really i have no fucking clue, so any suggestions as to why this is happening, and how to fix it or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Black Leaf - 3-arm Perc Ice Bong with Ashcatcher - Blue - Percolator Bongs - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

It's very simliar to this bong, except no colouration, beaker base, and no ash catcher. But the same perc, and that is where the problem occurs.

2. Just pour out the bong water after every toke sesh. And just fill it up when you begin one. This keeps your bong more clean and since you're having that problem you wouldn't have to deal with it.

Also, you could try cleaning your bong ? It may be too dirty or something like that

3. Not sure if you assessed this but are you over filling it?

4. I would also check for any hairline cracks on the perc. Could have happened during to move.

5. If I don't clean the water in my bong every 5 bowls or so it will start to foam in the second shower cap.

Just gotta clean it man.

6. Thanks for the suggestions guys.