Perception of time

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Kiedis420, Jul 22, 2016.

1. I think that people have different perceptions of time because when you're too high it seems like time goes so slowly, and i think that may be because when youre counsci

2. Dude i imagine u were so baked writing this because it barely makes any sense

• Like Like x 3
  3. Indeed. Im sorry lol
    Still pretty baked

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nothing to be sorry about. Most of us have done shit like this. But i agree when ur high things go slower

5. Yes. At the moment it made perfect sense. Like when you feel youve just discovered something. Too bad that couldnt explain it well lol. Feels like gold slipping through my fingers

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've been so high before that time became circular and infinite somehow, like it stopped just moving in a straight line for me I swear it was circular for a few hours

What a feeling that was

• Like Like x 2
  7. We should start making audio recordinga of high thoughts and see if anything profound turns up. I think all of us have had that feeling of profundity and clearity.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yes, the perception of time can be distorted by different states of mind. Being in a dangerous situation makes time seem to slow down, while being in a joyful situation makes time seem to speed up. Also, different creatures perceive time on completely different scales. Two hours from a human perspective might seem like years from an ant's perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  9. There was an experiment done with 2 grand father clocks. 1. Was on the ground and 2. Was raised 24" off the ground. Both clocks were times the same and were true. But the 2 clock was faster. By a few minutes

10. 2 points on that.

One, any two grandfather clocks would have a margin of error far beyond any time difference of 2feet.

Even between ground and GPS satellites clocks they are only off by a few milliseconds per year if i recall correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I enjoy to perceive time whilst high

12. I used to be able to stop time.
    This was about 6 years ago, it was a really different time in my life, and that's all I remember.

• Like Like x 1
  13. One thing I know for certain....

Time is not linear.

14. how did the original clock makers set the first clock? ^.-

15. they were chilling, smoking joints and chiseling away on a stone sundial

16. Even with a margin of error it would not account for more then a few seconds at most. The point of the experiment was to gravity's effects on time

• Like Like x 1
  17. Do you recall where you heard this?

18. discovery channel bro

19. Time is just a perception, in essence time does not exist, change exists and time is essentially something that measures when changes occur. We say time passes with seconds because we are constantly changing, our cells are getting older and to quote Pink Floyd we're "one day closer to death", and so are all living beings on Earth.