Perception of death

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dr_krapp, Mar 10, 2004.

1. A given that you apparently were never given.

I didn't say you did either.

2. id be haunting the girls locker rooms of the state buddy of course id want to be a ghost :D

3. the thoery however is if ghosts are possible without the brain to store info they would exssit but not know it. or even know u exsisted, same as being dead, but with perception, but no way to remember what lkitterally just happned

4. if death is just nothing ..what is ..nothing? would it be a bright light for all eternity? or just pitch black.

krapps right ..even if ghosts were aware they are there and had thought and such ..coudl you imagine being dead a ghost watching everyone live life and do the things you once did? only wishing you could touch, feel or taste again ..it would be absoulte hell

would death be a lucid dream. you know you are dreaming. however unlike a lucid dream you canot control what happnes ..bcause nothing does happens in this eternal dream? you sit there concisous but at the same time without thought?

would you have any thing at all left of the life you jsut lived? would you be here nor there? would you be anywhere? where is it that you would be?

i agree you wont be alive, you wont be awake or asleep since your mind cant imagine being dead ..why even try. you can ponder all you want you will never know ...i guarntee 99% if not all of us are wrong about our theorys of what death is like. there is no way of knowing

let us cross this bridge when we come to it, and it will be a true wonderful suprise ..wheter what death holds for us is wonderful or not. it will be an expericne like no other we know that for sure ..unless there will be no experience?

5. its true, theres nop way to tell what its like or what happens and countless theories, but i truly think u just die.

the way time passes so definatly makes me think that.

6. this thread reminds me very much of a scene in "waking life"

(which I'm sure many of you have seen)
    Its when the two people are talking on the bed about dreaming and about death. One of them quotes a man who says he cannot wait for the time right before he dies when his brain is still functioning but his body is not.... it was something about how in the few minutes of this lucid state, you could live out entire life times, just as you can fall asleep have a hugh, great dream that lasts an entire day, and wake up to find out you've been asleep for 10 minutes.

I think during this time, we will be select what happens next, maybe map our next life, or maybe we wake up, to find that whole life was a dream, forget about it and go on doing whatever it was we were doing....... the options are endless, we could find out we all turn into a living part of the earth (ie trees, bushs, blades of grass :D ) or something..... nobody will ever find out if you ask me, just one of those things you'll never know the answer too

7. true, i just want to be parrt of the earth again when i die, ashes put on some garden somewhere, return to the planet that i pulled away from to live my life.

8. The crystals

it took me to just now to realize what your avatar was..lol. I saw it on the comedy channel last night.

"A given that you apparently were never given."--thecrystals

I hope not, i'd have to be dead to get that chance..lol