Perc vs. Hookah

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DrLovejuices, Oct 13, 2010.

1. So I'm saving my pennies for a new piece, my old bong just isn't cutting it. My girlfriend and I both think that hookah's are pretty cool, but I've heard that they're a pain in the ass to keep up with, and set up correctly. I've got my eye on a few authentic percolators at a local shop in the $200-$300 range (made by Lux, Roor, and Toro). I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could tell me which they favor, or the pro's and cons of each.

For the record, the percs are all 8-tube.

Peace Mon:smoke:

2. #2 tokin', Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    If you're going to be smoking bud out of it, don't get a hookah. Hookahs aren't really made for toking. fucks up the taste of your shisha, and I'd imagine eventually clog your hose. Definitly get a bong they are actually made for toking :smoke:

3. Actually, the shop I go to is really reliable, and has a few Toros in my range, but the Lux is my front runner. I figure I should pay at least $500 for a Toro. But no worries on fakes, this guy is legit. He's got glass from private dealers that's going for up to $3k. Insane shit.

4. Yea, as a hookah enthusiast I refuse to smoke weed in my good hookah pipes. Its just not worth it honestly.

5. Good stuff, good stuff. So I'll probably end up getting the perc now, and then save up for a hookah so that I can chill with some shisha after tokin. Can't help it, hookah are just so damn beautiful...lol.

6. Go with a SG or toro cant go wrong

7. Sorry to say that I don't know enough about Toros to be able to tell you, but the guy had about 30 in a case and they ranged from $230-$900. There were about 3-4 under $350. I've been reading up on Roors and the problem of all the fakes coming from around the world. For that reason, I've been steering clear--I'll probably end up buying a nice 8-tube Lux. Thanks for the link.