Perc or no perc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 88mm WEREWOLF, Dec 30, 2016.

1. HI all,

I'm very new to glass and I'm wondering about percolation. So far I have a 22" RooR beaker and a no name 10" beaker both without percolation. I haven't used either yet since I'm waiting for the law to change here in Nevada. Next week things change! Consider me stoked! I smoked many years ago but I never had a glass piece.

Do I need to get a percolated bong to round out my collection? Does it make much difference to the hit you get? Is a perc bong better than a non-perc bong? What's your opinion? What kind of perc system is your favorite?

Any thoughts on this is much appreciated.

2. It defuses the smoke so it is more smooth.

Some higher end pieces give you a good flavor hit. It is amazing

The only true difference is to tell yourself.

Some shops will let you fill bongs with water and allow you to pull from them.

I won't offer my advice on percs as it's out of most people's price range.

Stay basic until you become knowledgeable. Like...get a honey comb or something simple. Some bongs on the market have 2-3-4 percs and to be very real with you they don't even fucking work. [There's a 500 dollar piece in a store I go to and it still has water in the middle of it, I ask why is there water in it. He says we can't get it out]

What I'm saying is some companies make bongs nowadays with crazy ass percs in them for eye appeal. They don't even go by any science on how it performs. They just want people to buy them.

Higher end pieces will have percs that are reinforced into the piece, or are welded to the tube. I would tend to stay with a reputable company. I'm not sure if roof makes any perc'd pieces but there are other companies.

All depends on what your price range is really....

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would buy a high end piece if it performs well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am not a fan of percolation unless it is smooth and doesn't add drag.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Really just depends on the person, and the perc. some percs people like some people dont ect. myself I love them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will add to it though, as Master of Dutches said, it defuses the smoke and there for making it smoother if you want to know how there are plenty of videos on it. Each perc can defuse it a different way resulting in the differences in drag or smoothness ect ect. [​IMG]
    ^^thats my main perc I use on my titan stems but also will use this one from time to time
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. and percs can be already prefitted to the bong or on stems ect. anyways not trying to dwell into the rabbit hole of percs haha!

• Like Like x 1
  8. What Ive learned about percs is the more in-depth and more cool/ high-end they look it usually just means more cleaning in the long run. I used a SYN double showerhead for years and eventually went back to the old basic beaker bong because of how much I smoke it was very hard to keep the SYN clean.