Perc or Ice catcher

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tall toker, Oct 24, 2009.

1. i was getting a new bong and i really only what one of either a stem Perc or an ice catcher and i am curious as to which one would result in the smoothest hit
    i haven't tried a bong with either so i really have no experience
    thank u for ur advice

2. both. get a bong that already has an icecatcher and then get a perc.

3. most bongs with percs also have ice catchers or pinches

4. thanks man but i just think both would ruin the look of the stemi kinda like it just look clean neat and simple i feel a perc would ruin it
    but is an ice catcher a good trade off instead of a perc

5. i say definatly both.
    but an ice catcher would probably give you a smoother hit, when you use ice. But i know when i had a bong with an ice catcher i didnt use ice that much. just wasnt always convenient. a perc will ALWAYS make it smoother. so if i had to choose only one, id probably choose perc

6. k thanks man looks like its a perc then

7. uhh if you like the straight look then def. get ice notches. you can always get a percolated ashcatcher.

8. I'd definitely pick a perc or multiple percs, way more efficient.

9. The perc will hit nicer. I've smoked a lux mini with a 4 arm tree perc and it was a lot smoother than my roor mini beaker with just a diffuser and ice catcher. Only downside is percs take a little more effort to clean.

10. Wha?! Both ruin the stem? Maaan. I think it's sexier when it has perc and ice catcher.

If it were me, I'd get both. But, since you don't want both, go for the perc. Like the dude above me said, the ice catcher is nice to have, but, sometimes ice isn't convenient.

11. If you are only going to pick one, get the percs. If you still want ice, you can always put it in the water..

12. you won;t find a perced piece with no ice notches/splashguard...unless its some china garbage.