Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Perc bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Barry2112, Nov 22, 2012.

1. How fragile are the glass percs in a bong? I'm currently looking to buy a nice new glass perc bong, and a friend of mine keeps saying get a removable perc, because his friend had a perc bong, and he knocked it over onto a carpet floor (it was already on the floor) and the perc broke. Are all percs this fragile or would this have just been a one off?

2. [quote name='"Barry2112"']How fragile are the glass percs in a bong? I'm currently looking to buy a nice new glass perc bong, and a friend of mine keeps saying get a removable perc, because his friend had a perc bong, and he knocked it over onto a carpet floor (it was already on the floor) and the perc broke. Are all percs this fragile or would this have just been a one off?[/quote]

Well you should always try to not knock over bongs, but you get what you pay for usually. If you get a black leaf for example it'll probably break easily compared to like a zob or something nicer like a roor

3. Well I was looking at either Black Leaf or Weed Star, looking to spend around £100 ideally. 5mm glass for definite, just worried about breaking the perc, because I can't find many nice bongs with a removable perc

4. If you are worried about a percolator falling or breaking, buy a name brand piece. This way if you're sold a piece with bad welding/thin glass, and the percolator falls off because of it, most of the name brand companies will reimburse you. I bought a HiSi piece and one of the percolators fell off because of thin glass welding, and all I had to do was send a picture to the company. I'm waiting for a no charge replacement piece to come in the mail right now, actually

tl;dr

If you're worried about getting a bad percolator, buy a name brand piece. Most companies will reimburse you if you get a bad percolator.

5. [quote name='"Barry2112"']Well I was looking at either Black Leaf or Weed Star, looking to spend around £100 ideally. 5mm glass for definite, just worried about breaking the perc, because I can't find many nice bongs with a removable perc[/quote]

Black leafs all suck honestly. It'd be better to spend 100 on a zob without a perc, than 100 on a black leaf with percs.

You could get this http://*******************.com/scie...ob-glass-14-inch-og-beaker-green-black-3.html
    Plus a Ashcatcher for less than $150

6. It'll have to be a name brand piece, living in a small town in south wales there aren't too many LHS's to go to

7. Thats a nice looking bong, but I'm pretty deadset on a perc. I currently have an acrylic bong with an ashcatcher that hits like a dream (even though it is acrylic before some starts hating), so if I'm not getting a perc I can't see the point in upgrading from it.

8. *sighs* I bought a awesome 200$ HVY perculator bong WITh a diffuser downstem. I broke that downstem after my first test with it and then the perculator broke about a week after.

the only reason I don't get angry is because I still get high as fuck whenever I use it although I am very sad that my piece is basically broken in every important spot possible less than a month after I got it :s

9. That sucks bro, how'd you break them?

10. Well being my first bong, I didn't know what the fuck a diffuser or down stem was. After my first test run with it when I was emptying the water out, the down stem just slid out and fucking snapped right in front of my face. It was like a slow motion nightmare that I was seeing

Then I have no clue how the fuck the perc even broke. One day while I was cleaning it and just rinsing iso alcohol and salt through it, I started to hear a broken glass sound as if a piece was jingling around my bong...sure enough I see that the perc has a crack in it :s I don't even have the slightest idea of how that happened (I'm the only one who handles my bong too and I keep it in a laptop case diagonally so it doesn't move around much)

11. Oh shit, well that kinda answers my question of how fragile the percs are!
    I have a funny feeling I'm going to have to spend more than I was planning too on this bong...

12. I would say get a cheap beaker bong or something and then get an ash catcher/perculator add on. it's easier to clean and Im sure will be harder to break then if the perc was in the bong too

13. If I'm honest the bong I have at the moment works perfectly well, so I'd rather wait, save up some extra cash and buy a proper nice one

14. [quote name='"Barry2112"']If I'm honest the bong I have at the moment works perfectly well, so I'd rather wait, save up some extra cash and buy a proper nice one[/quote]

Definitely do this man. The longer you wait you'll find more and more awesome pieces of glass and eventually when you have some good cash saved up you can get something that'll last years with good care