People who started smoking weed before they were 21

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by ResinHits, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I have heard that people who are exposed to marijuana before they are fully grown (21 is the age men stop growing), feel its effects differently than those who smoked after 21, i believe i read that early smokers are more prone to paranoia. I wonder how true this is?

2. I would have to disagree. Just my opinion of course, but most my friends and I started in our teens and none of us really get paranoia.

Im a student of life, I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge... - Me

3. i don't buy into that. i started at 15. physically i was finished growing, but i suppose my brain hadn't finished developing. it still hasn't if i remember the age correctly, but regardless, i turned out intelligent and functioning. :smoke:

4. i started at 16 my sister started at 23 she get WAY more paranoid then i do, i think it comes down to the individual no one group is more likely to be paranoid

5. Wrong.

Nobody is done physically developing at age 15.

6. You are absolutely everywhere braj.

7. you should tell that to my doctor. and to my body which is exactly the same, height and weight wise. the only thing that has changed is my mind.

8. Lol i started at 13, wish i hadnt of. Shit happens

9. was i? when i start postin i often am not really aware i am doing it i log on the site think ill just reply to a thread or 2 then an hour later im trying to keep up with 10 different threads

10. it doesn't work like that.

you may not see it in the mirror, but your body is undergoing physical changes well after 15.

11. Thanks blades for the responses. The only reason i asked is because of that article i read and second, it is documented and proven that underage alcohol abuse can lead to an inability to control anger, among other things that the frontal lobe controls. And ive also read that abuse of some over the counter medicines can lead to an impairment in learning new things that require fine motor skills. So my whole point being, if the examples i mentioned ~can~ make a difference later in life then maybe marijuana can too, im some way, perhaps not as noticeable or bad, or maybe just no consequence at all

12. Alcohol affects your mind and body much more adversely than marijuana.

13. dont see or think there is a correlation. i started when i was 16 and crazy as ever

14. mj has nothing to do with alcohol or other drugs.

it needs its own set of statistics, rules and effects.

15. Been smokin since '07!!!

---iRep Denver---

16. Right but anything you put into your bosy can adversely affect you. Im not saying mj is bad, as a matter of fact i think its ok to smoke all day every day aha

17. maybe not. i'm just saying, my doctor said when i was 15 that i was done growing physically and that my body would likely stay how it is through adulthood, unless of course external force is involved. or i get pregnant or something. besides that i'm hyperaware and very in touch with my body and i don't feel any different.

18. Yeah my ngga Jamal been smoking trees since he was in 6th grade and that boy hella retarded

19. nahhh i started when i was 13 almost 14, and i mean yeah i was a tweaker. but look at all the sober 13-14 year olds.

tweakers.

but i mean i was fine smokin all day everyday throughout high school and on into adulthood

20. I think the main reason a young person like below the age of 18 would be paranoid is because of there parents