Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

People who smoke hookah and think smoking weed is wrong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Crash Bandicoot, Dec 16, 2011.

1. WTF IS THEIR PROBLEM?? I just don't get what they're thinking.

2. Uhm...Hookah is typically for tobacco.

some people who smoke cigarettes don't like weed either.

Just because someone does hookah doesn't mean they have to like weed.

3. I don't care if they don't like it, but don't say it is so bad for you and you shouldn't when you're smoking hookah.

4. They are uneducated. Simple as that.

5. I can't agree more. That can go both ways too. There are plenty of people out there that smoke herb but bash tobacco like its black tar heroin or something lol. There is always going to be people with opinions but when it comes down to it.. it really shouldn't matter to you. I don't understand people who make mountains out of molehills :rolleyes:

6. This, you just can't try to justify your less-healthy habits. Don't say, "Weed is bad. That's why I only smoke hookah."

7. Well i'll give the only helpful answer so far

because it's illegal and hookah isn't

That's really the only reason people have to hate weed but like tobacco or alcohol. Any other reason is just wrong and misinformation. ( I shouldn't state that as a complete fact, some people may have some personal reason, but that's just generalizing it)

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad, and something is legal doesn't make it good, but that's how people of the world (ignorant) see it.

8. Smoking hookah is a different process then smoking cigs etc. More of a vaporazation so technically it is less harmful. But I'm not getting into that. If your interested find the studies that show hookah kills you then find the counter arguments and it'll be pretty obvious that the results were altered for anti smoking movements. Not to mention if you knew how a hookah works, scientifically, you'd already know it doesn't make sense.

That said,

The argument is that when you smoke weed, not vape it, the actual act of smoking is probably more dangerous the hookah to your lungs etc.

My argument is these people have a fairly greater risk of being unssuccesful at life.

^ that probably sounds ignorant.

9. #9 liner, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    [quote name='"rhapbus"']Well i'll give the only helpful answer so far

because it's illegal and hookah isn't

That's really the only reason people have to hate weed but like tobacco or alcohol. Any other reason is just wrong and misinformation. ( I shouldn't state that as a complete fact, some people may have some personal reason, but that's just generalizing it)

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad, and something is legal doesn't make it good, but that's how people of the world (ignorant) see it.[/quote]

Quoted for truth and brilliance. Aside from a individual that doesn't like it because it alters the way your body works. However if you think that you shouldnt be taking vitamins

Edit: honestly though, unless you don't like the act of smoking, there's no reason to automatically despise the herb. And let me say that if that's how you feel, that's perfectly fine. That's the beauty of freedom.

10. Yeah I got a friend who likes smoking hookah but not weed or cigs. Just personal preference.

11. Quite frankly, every morning after a night at the hookah bars, I feel like Thomas the Choo-Choo train ape-raped my lungs.
    Can't see how anyone could associate that feeling with "good"

12. #12 liner, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    double post

13. That's cause most hookah bars have no idea what they're doing. The foil should NEVER touch the shisha. That what causes combustion, which makes it just as bad as cigs, which also makes you have those huge ploomy clouds of smoke. Imagine smoking a cig for 3 hours.....

Lounges are known to load on the coals to make it easy to get huge clouds since that's what lounge goers care about, which in turn causes it to fuck yo your throat pretty bad the morning after.

For reference, I've worked at a ton of lounge and consider myself somewhat of a connesuir of narghile(hookah). Some people think that its always been sugary fruity Flavors that you smoke, when really the real good stuff is spiced juraks, tombamels, and moassels. Reminecent of a fine cigar but so much better

14. Appreciate the insight on hookah, or narghile as you refer to it as. I haven't really met anyone that seemed to have genuine knowledge of hookahs.
    I am almost 100% sure the tobacco was burning, and the concept of vaporization hadn't really occurred to me.
    Even still, I just recently quit smoking cigarettes, so I should probably still stay away from that horrific substance.:smoke:

15. Haha to each his own :)

Narghile is simply a more traditional term, I believe from turkey. It's called a shisha in Egypt and Syria(once again I believe) and only in the states is it a hookah. No one actually really knows how the word hookah came to be attached though. Maybe ill find out later lol.

When done right, smoking shisha is as smooth as drinking water. Your also not really supposed to inhale, but everyone does anyway. In the modern day washed moassels(what you get in a lounge) it doesn't really matter since the nicotine content is practically negligable.

It's smart of you to stay away from baccy for a while though. Your a much stronger man than I Haha. However, I hope someday down the line you'll enjoy it like its supposed to be.

16. Molasses covered tobacco being vaporized.

Burning plant matter.

You sir are a dumb fuck for thinking one is technically healthier than the one being actually smoked.

They are being close minded, sure. But their reasoning isn't 'wrong'.

17. Don't smoke any tobacco. I just don't see the point.. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and no high. Why the fuck would I do that?

18. I started smoking cigarettes before weed, and that was only because I was misinformed about the plant. It's a habit that I hate, and I want to kick. Gonna wait till I can get some patches to help with the physical addiction to those cancer sticks before I quit though. I definitely don't like waking up in the morning and my body feeling like crap if I smoked too many cigs the day before (I'm a social smoker, if I see someone light one up, I always do out of habit)

19. I seriously wanted to throw my hookah out the window yesterday.

Some days i just can't get it to hit correctly so I get pissed and say "Fuck You Hookah"

And I grab my bong. :smoke:

20. smoking sheesha is the most pointless and crap way to waste your money.