People Who Live In Seattle: Where Is Your Favorite Place?

Discussion in 'General' started by GingerNational, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Disclaimer: While recreational marijuana use is permitted for individuals over the age of 21 in Washington State, public consumption of marijuana remains illegal and could result in a civil infraction (similar to a parking ticket). The posts here are simply for entertainment value and all public marijuana use is done at the risk of the user.

That said, I LOVE my city! I've traveled around the world and never found a place better than Seattle to call home. There's any number of things to do: a bustling theatre scene, incredibly places to hike, fish, bike or boat, and a lively downtown nightlife. The people are great, the city is gorgeous and the cold and rainy weather is completely worth it when the sun comes out and everything is green.

Speaking of green, another great thing Seattle offers is that, for about 10 years, it has been one of if not the most marijuana-friendly cities in the country. High-quality supply is easy to find with the medical community in the city strongly in support of medicinal marijuana.

So, with all these perks of Seattle living, I've found a few really good places to toke around town and would like to share them with you:

1. Kerry Park:A hidden gem of the Queen Anne neighborhood that many tourists miss out on seeing. It has hands-down the best view of the Seattle skyline and is often the location filmmakers use to establish the setting of their TV shows and films which take place in the city. A view like this is one everyone should appreciate. Personally, I like to think that I have a way of appreciating it even more.

2. Seattle Center: Just south of Kerry Park lies Seattle Center home to the EMP, International Fountain, Pacific Science Center, and the always-iconic Space Needle (sorry to burst your bubble non-Seattlites, the Space Needle isn't even close to the skyline). It's a beautiful place within town where lots of festivals and events are held on a regular basis. I may be biased on this one since I work near Seattle Center and smoke there often but few things are better than medicating beneath the shade of the Kobe Bell.

3. Kinnear Park: Not surprisingly, a lot of parks are likely to end up on this list (Seattle has so many good ones) but this one has its own unique flavor. Kinnear Park is even deeper within the residential neighborhood of Lower Queen Anne and looks out onto Elliot Bay. Watching ferries and large cargo ships putter along the water gives you a real sense of depth to this city with many views.

4. Fremont: It's the self-proclaimed center of the universe. Host to an array of alternative culture shops and events, this is about the closest thing Seattle has to hippie-central. Specifically, I am a huge fan of the Fremont Fair Solstice Parade that takes place in June and features a parade of nude body-painted bicyclists racing through the streets. This is a strange but lovely neighborhood and has a troll statue under a bridge as well as a towering monument to Vladimir Lenin and you aren't truly a Seattlite unless you've toked with one of those guys.

That's my list for now, but I'll update you when I find new ones. In the meantime, I'd like to know: Where are your favorite places to toke in Seattle? Let me know your thoughts!