People who know about audio connections come in

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by NowIsB, Aug 5, 2012.

1. OK so i bought some new dolby digital surround turtle beaches the other day and am now looking to find a way to play my mp3 through them both while im using them on my xbox and when not. Is there a way to do this short of buying like an audio mixer or something of that nature?

The main problem i have atm is, when i connect a 3.5 M/M connector to my laptop, back to the analog input in the Dualband WIFI reciever that comes with the headset, i then plug the usb power supply into my laptop and the sound only comes out of the left ear of my headset :( I would like for it to come out of both xD

Also, i want to be able to play games and hear the game sound+ the music i play through my ipod at the same time, now im rather certain im going to need some sort of audio channel mixer to do this, is this correct? If not how do i do it? To connect to the xbox only i have to put in a usb power supply, and connect a digital in cord to the receiver and xbox. Something tells me i wont be able to connect analog and digital at the same time :? But still i dont understand why the sound only comes out one side of my headset when attempting to play my ipod songs only.
    help is appreciated :D

2. I would just put music on the Xbox.

3. ok well this isnt 1910 and i dont want to have to burn a ton of cds both from my macbook then back to my xbox. i just wanna use my ipod, and that still doesnt answer my other problem.

4. [quote name='"NowIsB"']ok well this isnt 1910 and i dont want to have to burn a ton of cds both from my macbook then back to my xbox. i just wanna use my ipod, and that still doesnt answer my other problem.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken you could play it from the iPod if you plug it in, or maybe that was just the zune, you could definitely create a network to stream all your music to the system, I've been doing that shit for years.

5. hmmm well idk the main thing im trying to figure out atm is why when i plug everything into my laptop and the 3.5 M/M from my dualband to my ipod, why does it only come through 1 headphone 0.0, just bought em yesterday and they are working perfectly for gaming.

And yeah, i have an ipod touch otherwise i would be doing what you said, only problem is IPOD touches no longer work in conjunction with xbox, so you either have to do as you said, burn cd's or find a way to exclude the sexbox from the equation. IE: dualband wifi receiver from headphones or some sort of audio mixer , correct?

Yeah i would probably try a stream via.. windows media player? if i had a PC at my disposal, unfortunately im all MAC'd out at the moment.

6. [quote name='"NowIsB"']hmmm well idk the main thing im trying to figure out atm is why when i plug everything into my laptop and the 3.5 M/M from my dualband to my ipod, why does it only come through 1 headphone 0.0, just bought em yesterday and they are working perfectly for gaming.

And yeah, i have an ipod touch otherwise i would be doing what you said, only problem is IPOD touches no longer work in conjunction with xbox, so you either have to do as you said, burn cd's or find a way to exclude the sexbox from the equation. IE: dualband wifi receiver from headphones or some sort of audio mixer , correct?

Yeah i would probably try a stream via.. windows media player? if i had a PC at my disposal, unfortunately im all MAC'd out at the moment.[/quote]

Me too, I don't have an Xbox anymore but I am able to do it from my Mac to my ps3 no problem. Audio mixer would work but that's probably more annoying than setting up a network, that's free software.

7. got any suggestions for how i can do this? im pretty sufficient in computers so i would liekly be able to do this if you game be a brief outline/some programs that are good

8. Just Google 360 media server Mac.

9. ty man, ez pz, got it set up already and working flawlessly :D

10. Hmm. It's going to sound busy and confusing. Depending on the game.. I could see skyrim + music and maybe racing games..