People who have actually harvested an outdoor crop!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kdogg420, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Does it work to put the seeds directly in the ground without germinating them. I have 20 early misty seeds that I paid 50 dollars for. Everything I have read about planting them directly in the ground says to use 4-5 seeds per plant, then weed out the weekest links and keep one strong one. I will have a hole for each plant, but this leaves me with 4 plants, 2 will most likely be male and out of my two females I have to believe that one will die or not work do to unfortunate circumstances. My question is can I put one seed per hole and expect growth, or maybe even two seeds? Because right now Im pissed that I spent 50 dollars on 20 seeds and can expect maybe one usable plant in the end.

2. also I cant find bag seed for my life! I smoke a half ounce a week and never have seeds in my bag. I have maybe 8 seeds that are really small and dark that came from straight schwag so I don't even want to use them. Im friends with people who roll with a lot of chronic and we never have bag seeds....wtf where do outdoor growers aquire a huge stash of seeds.

3. yo, I personally think it would be a complete waste if you just plant them directly in the ground, you should get some buckets and some ok dirt and germinate them in wet papertowels or something then put them in the buckets and put it outside somewhere safe...as for bag seed you run across it every now and then lol just gotta get some cheap midz or somethin, I sometimes buy what we call "brown weed" here and get about 6 grams for 20 bucks, but out of 6 grams you get about 50 -60 seeds . anyway good luck brah

4. I dont know man I have read books on this shit because I need to be informed before I do something. Planting in the ground without germinating leads to a much more stronger and resitant plant. I have dug holes 18 inches across and 12 inches deep. I am putting cow shit on the bottom of each hole and then filling them with soil I buy. I am NOT using the grounds soil, but it will look like that.

5. HIGH All, some will say "germ them" and some will say "plant right into soil" Me I'd germ 10 and plant 10 in some good soil and when it come time to plant outdoors I'd do two per hole or Bucket and then you have a 50/50 chance of having a Female..then if you want seeds leaf one Male with a Female and let Ma Nature do her thing.

Edit: Plus I wouldn't weed out any weakist leak..never know that runt could make you very happy at the end of it's life.

6. HIGH All, yes I've heard and read that Also kdogg420..but I Always germ but I just throw them in a jar of water then directly into Sunshine Mix#4 then in our holes we've been useing for years...but ours are 2 feet deep and 2 feet across.

7. Ok it sounds like you can help me. Is the sunshine mix the soil you are filling your outdoor holes with? And I have dug holes 18 inches across and 12 inches deep, should I place one seed per hole(ungerminated)? If i put two per hole, do I let them both grow to maximum capacity? Won't they be taking each others nutrients? I know that I will have to remove males if they appear, but would letting two seeds per hole grow work?

i mean the best scenario would be 1 seed per hole then I would have the possibility of 20 plants 10 males, maybe 5 that don't grow and hopefully 5 successful females....this is what I would like to accomplish. My huge concern is placing one seed per hole..does it have a reasonable chance of germinating and growing. My seeds should be viable I ordered them from nirvana seed bank in the Netherlands.

8. Almost four weeks ago I planted nine seeds in a medium sized pot (three seeds into three inch holes in the soil) just using regular potting soil, didn't do nothin but give it drinks of hot water a few times a week (this is outside in winter in northern california). Just a few days ago a little two leaf plant sprouted up from the soil. I'm going to give it another week or two then I'm going to transfer the individual plants into smaller pots then grow them indoors.
    After 4-5 weeks of growing them under 24 hour light I'll either put em back outside for flowering or 12/12 them inside. It just depends on the weather outside. Note that I'm just going to be using/have been using tap water, potting soil, bagseed, and cheap plastic pots.

9. HIGH All, yes Sunshine Mix#4 is used in our holes outside...my reasoning for putting two seeds per hole is I hate digging holes that only a future male will use if one seed is used per hole...because your going to kill the male and the hole will be a waste of time and medium. It's why we use a bigger holes, you will be feeding them so each plant will recieve what they want.

10. Ok, but my holes are already dug, would 18 inches across and a little more than 12 inches deep be ok for two seeds per hole?And do you let both the plants grow until you can tell which is male? What if they are both female, do you just remove one to give the other more space? Im doing this in the woods in a clearing that is surronded by pricker bushes, the soil I dug up has lots of tree roots and rocks in it. I know i will fill up my holes with better soil I buy, buy will the roots stretch to the shitty soil surronding the plant's holes? Maybe you can give me your aim or something because I keep posting a lot of questions.

11. HIGH All, sure you can use your holes it's just the plants won't get as big and you'd be watering them more. I wouldn't pull any plant unless it's a Male and I'd Kill them All except the one I would want to Pollinate one of the Females. I don't use aim..so you can post your questions here..that way others with the same question can learn Also.

12. Alright cool I'll just post my questions here. Ok, so Im gonna have 10 holes two seeds per hole. I was planning of going to a cow field and stealing cow shit, and placing a decent amount on the bottom of my holes, also I might add some old rotting fruits and vegetables, then put the sunshine mix # 4 in the rest of the hole. I do not have time to compost right now so would the raw cow shit and fruits and veggies breakdown and help the plants?

13. HIGH All, fresh manure will burn your plants so I'd find some that has been composted Already. Adding rotting Fruits and Veggies will no doubt attract unwanted critters. If useing some good Ferts you could grow without it.

14. The soil around the holes has lots of roots in it. What should I add to the hole because the surronding soil is bad. I know sunshine mix# 4 for the holes but anything else in them? You mean fertilizers?

15. HIGH All, yes Fertilizer...just try and get as many roots out as possible. We put chicken manure in ours which has been aged. You can add any kind of compost just as long as it's not fresh. Here is some good soil recipes and another good site.

16. Hey dude I had a great oudoor harvest last year. I started all my seeds indoors by germinating in a glass of water the planting the seeds down 1/4 inch into 4 inch pots half filled with soil. As the seeds sprouted I put them under some CF's 12on and 12 off. As the seedling grew I back-filled the 4inch pots with more soil til the seeding was growing above the pot and and the pot was full of soil. Next I transplanted all my seedlings in 5 gal buckets and placed outside.

Thats just about it dude.