Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

People over 35 should be dead & why

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bud Head, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Thoughts on kids today...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I ripped it off, who cares.....

People over 35 should be dead.

Here's why ...........

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's, or even maybe the early 70's probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets! and when we
    rode our bikes, we had no helmets. (Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.)

As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

Horrors!

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from onebottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day,as long as we were back when the street lights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.

NO CELL PHONES!!!!!

Unthinkable!

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, cell phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms.

We had friends!

We went outside and found them.

We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt.

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

They were accidents.

No one was to blame but us.

Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms, and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.

Horrors!

Tests were not adjusted for any reason.

Our actions were our own.

Consequences were expected.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law.

Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

And you're one of them!

Congratulations!

2. Well I didnt take time to read your post, but all i can say to the title is "FUCK YOU" Im 18, and my dads in his 50's. i smoke out withhim wheneevr i visit.

*edit: There will be no 'fuck you's' to any member of the City. NONE! Had you taken the time to read the post then I wouldn't have to be typing this at all. Consider this a warning. *RMJL

3. very interesting post.... I"m still pretty young, but when I was a kid I did ALL the stuff you explained... pretty much always until all the kids got licenses

thats where the trouble started :)

4. i took the time to read you post, and alls i can say to your whole post is "what the fuck?"

5. rotflmao,:smoking:

very funny :D

6. took the time to read it, good shit BH

7. Read the post before you make stupid post..

8. Awesome Thread man!!

9. I did all those things when I was a kid, I still do some of em :p. I'm only 18. Not all kids are social rejects stuffed in there room with pillows duct taped all over there bodies.

Edit:: I am so glad your 18... We have so many people tell they are under the age that can be here...

Just thought I'd let you know!

10. Your dad must be soooo proud........

11. Can I tell Mordern-Hippy to go shove it? please? haha, just playin.

Wise up kid, protect and expand your intelligence while combating ignorace, fucking read next time.

Anyone think that maybe the reason the youth of today are all so "fucked up" (which no one can fully deny) is because of all the drugs our parents took? lol

Some may call me an elitest or self-centered and in many ways I am. But for some reason I find it hard to connect with people my age. Either im too mature for my age; expect to much from today's youth; completely ignorant; I'm an asshole; or everyone is just plain stupid. But who knows really? I have a much easier time gettin along with people two, three or four times my age than I do with people my age.

I just get the feeling that as time goes on, and more generations come about, common sense is just washed down the drain. Not to mention common decency, but thats a whole other rant. For example, people on this site. I've seen some asking questions like "can I smoke out of a bowl made out of plastic?" or something very similar. On one hand I think "Well yeah you can... and in fact, just for you I INSIST that you do." But on the other hand it's like "Do you really need to ask?"

Sorry about the rant. Hopefully you guys see what I'm getting at.

12. These kids who play video games all the time, can't do the everyday stuff that they have to do on a daily basis when they get out on their own..

most can't plant a garden, change a car tire, etc.....etc......

Not saying that all of them are that way...

My oldest graduated with kids this year that can't even cook on a grill or BBQ outside...

BUT

this thread caught my eye because of a couple of things...

First was...........

As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We never got to sick either like kids are these days.....

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

They were accidents.

No one was to blame but us.

Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

Now the government wants to step in an hollar child abuse when the kids break an arm while riding a bike or falling out of a swing..

13. HIGH All, this is what's wrong with Kids these days...No Respect for the Elders who made this world what is today. Yup it's a pretty Phucked up world...Why...All I know is I did my part and still am doing it.

Good post BH..*LOL* drinking from the same bottle with 4 friends *LOL* aaahhhhh the times were good!!!!

14. *claps*

Good point, and keep on doing your part. I'll try to do mine.

15. Haha, that was a good read BH. I'm 18 too..and for some reason I don't find that offensive in any way...at all. Not even a little. I noticed everyone referring to modern as a "kid", well obviously he must be a kid..I'm guessing 15 or 16, yup. Just judging by the rude response and the ignorant attitude, but you never know. Anyhow I liked it BH, was a little confused at first when I read the title tho :)

P.S. All you people over 35 should enjoy yourselves. Maybe BH was wrong and it's like 40 or something :p Haha, nah just messing..glad all you old geezers are still around (joking again!) lol..I think I've smoked too much this morning. Take care all

16. How funny.... today is my birthday and I am 51... I took the time to read everyones post here.. and was going down mermory lane...

I dont understand how come people take such offence to somethings... but they do... I thought it was funny...and somewhat true... it is a wonder we made it this far...I was just visting my mom and my grandmother what a treat that was...

this is my view... we only live once ... we are all racing to the same end... I'm just not in any hurry to get there....I want to enjoy the trip!

Samantha420

17. well, this article left me wondering. why is it that adults 35+, who were so wild in their day, and who are now the parents of the younger generations making everything childproof and being overprotective? i mean, its a bit hypocritical don't you think? when you were kids you played the way you did because adults weren't inventing all of these video games and TV programs that stuck the kids inside. so now your generation has grown up, and you're doing just that to the younger generations. (i mean, not you specifically obviously, but your generation.)

i think i'm taking this too seriously, but does anyone see what i'm getting at?

18. I enjoy what George Carlin has to say about it.. "...It seems today kid's got a helmet for everything but jerking-off... What ever happened to natural selection?"

19. sounds exactly like my father :D haha, what a cool guy. he used to STAND on the seat of his bike and ride down all these huge hills in vancouver, arms totally stretched out, standing tall as people on the sidewalks clapped for him. says he never fell off once. would of loved to see that. now hes fat and bald haha.

20. I know what you are getting at...

My kids don't watch much tv and every chance I get I send them out to get sunshine, rain, snow, and all the other elemnets mother nature can throw.. Being inside all the time is unhealthy to say the least..