People in the UK - Nutes and Soil??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pulsar, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hi guys! :wave:

I've been on here for a while, reading up as much as possible before taking the big plunge. I think I have a good grasp of everything now, and found this site because I had started off a one plant grow, just to get some experience prior to doing a proper grow and see how the plant reacted to things. It's far from ideal.

However, as part of my research on here, I've struggled to find any information regarding what brands of soil and nutes are best here in the UK? As far as I'm aware we don't have FoxFarm over here, and Miracle Grow seems to be a no no.

So can anyone offer me any advice regarding which soils and nutes to go for? Also any tips on what stuff to get for controlling the acidity and Ph of the soil would be greatly received aswell! I'm pretty much a complete newbie to gardening of any sort, it's not exactly my favourite pasttime, but I'm prepared to get stuck in for a good home grow :D

Thanks in advance to anyone who can take the time to reply :cool:

2. im in the uk mate & i use a brand called bio bizz i use their nutes & soil i think i use thier seedling soil as it has nothing added 2 it, the uk is bit shit if u want foxfarm etc as i found out lol, ur best bet is ebay (uk site) u should b pleasently surprized with what they have2 offer

3. I have heard great things about Bio Bizz, if you can find that at a price you can stomach, by all means go for it! Canna should be available to you folks across the pond, and many consider this to be the best of the best. I haven't personally shopped at growell http://www.growell.co.uk/, but they continuously come up in my searches. They have some interesting prebuilt systems (http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1281/Pot-ponics-Bio-Bizz-Organic-Kits.html here's a bio-bizz kit, and http://www.growell.co.uk/p/3262/Pure-Organics-Expert-Kit.html this system is quite a bit more expensive, but it has canna's bio-terra soil, which I have been using with fantastic results, as well as pretty much everything you could possibly need - including the entire canna bio line, which I am expecting to pick up next week).

Cheers, and good luck on your first "proper" grow :).

4. yea i've used the growell site good service & customer care

5. also i forgot to mention that biobizz is 100% organic (or so they say) so great if ur goin all organic

6. yep, both of those are :) I'm hoping to try some biobizz soon

7. Wow, thanks very much guys! I'll keep my eyes open for some BioBizz in my local garden centre when I'm up there on Sunday, or failing that I'll order it online. Found it for £5.99 after a quick search. Hardly breaking the bank!

I need to get some soil aswell - is the plain old sterilised soil good enough which is higher in Nitrogen?

I'm as clued up as I can be on the lighting, heating, fans, cycling and all that side, it's just the soil and nutrients thing that's going over my head a bit. As I said, gardening REALLY isn't one of my favourite things! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help so far though guys, really appreciate it! :D

8. Oh wow, I've just checked out that GroWell site, and found out that one of their 4 stores is literally down the road from where I work in Solihull, so may have to take a drive down there on my lunch in the week :D

Thanks again gentlemen :hello: