Pellet rifles for practice away from range?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Rhythm of Life, Sep 5, 2008.

1. I bought this for when I'm at home and not able to go to the range:

[​IMG]

Its pretty sweet, Gamo Big Cat 1200, 1000 FPS Lead, 1200 PBA. I'm able to shoot quarter groups at 50 yrds with this thing. The other day I took out a rabbit, it pierced the chest and hit the heart (super lucky shot), definitely fun for varmits and target practice, controling your breathing and what not.

2. I have a similar model, but it cost about thirty dollars and has around 750 FPS after ten pumps. It's fun to screw around with, but it's incredibly inaccurate and the 9x Daisy scope that came with it has no dials for zeroing.

I still love it.

:D

3. I've got a benjamin sheridan model 397p. I got it for my 9th b-day, it was my first gun. I used to use it to shoot pearched pheasants before i was old enough to go real pheasant hunting. It's fun to dick around with, now i mostly just use it to shoot squirrels off the bird feeders.

this is kinda what mine looks like... only mine has a black barrel and walnut stock.

[​IMG]

4. My suggestion is to snap in with your actual rifle(remove the bolt first) if you want to get better with that rifle the only way is to practice your form with that particular rifle, but if your working on the basic principals of shooting your on the right track.

5. That's true^
    Your rifle will shoot differently, feel different and most likely have more recoil.

But airguns are hella fun and great for developing proper habits too improve accuracy