peep tha setup/plans

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by yunggrasshopa, May 28, 2009.

1. #1 yunggrasshopa, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
    SETUP
    -------

area: 5'H x 2'W x 3.5'L

light:9-55W CFL 2700k bulbs they will be mounted into a DIY fixture (32,400 lumens total)

495w total

they have 3,600 initial lumens per bulb

soil: miracle grow EXTENDED 3-6 month ferts(80% mg to 20% perlite)

containers: 3 gal cylinder
    ---------------------------------------------

VEGGING/FLOWERING ROOM*

8- 55w cfl bulbs in DIY fixture
    -------------------------------

VEGGING MOTHER SPACE*

24" 2 bulb 48w cfl light
    -------------------------------

CLONE ZONE*

T5 24w cfl strip mounted into 7" mondy dome

w/ rockwool tray insert & nursery flat, seedling heat mat
    --------------------------------

ESTIMATED COST FOR ALL MATERIALS & SEEDS $530
    (i know im gonna get posts saying i could of done such differently, but ima do me :)

The whole idea of using CFLS is to utilize the close coverage of light vs. using a HID light from a distance. MAXIMIZING the amount of yield per area & type of light.

HERE IS THE BOOK/PDF FROM WHICH MY GROW WILL BE FOLLOWING FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS INFO, IVE MADE A THREAD ALREADY FOR SOME OTHER ONES AS WELL AS THIS BUT HERE IT IS:Marijuana BUDS for less - Grow 8 oz. of bud for less than $100 b (download torrent) - TPB
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The documentary flowers the plants @ day 16 w/ a height of just 4.5 inches.

I WILL ONLY be flowering 3 plants at a time, and vegging one mother.

PREDICTED GROW SEED-HARVEST CYCLE PLAN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (for harvesting around 70 days)

start off by taking one seed and germinating it in clone/cutting station

when plant is mature veg for 30 days &take 3 clones from her(or till enough nodes and growth have appeared)

when clones are mature put in flower room to veg for about 16-19 days then force flower them
    (or till 4.5 inches with good leave sets)

cont. vegging mom

64 days AFTER FORCEFLOWERING take 3 more clones from mother(or when there is only one week left of the drying/curing first harvest)

1st harvest should have been done, dried & almost done curing.

(i wont have clones vegging for the first grow until i see how long it takes for my first strain to go from seed-curing)

------------------------------------------------------

the money made from this first grow will be invested in HID for FLOWERING,VENTILATION/FANS for circulation, and VHO's for VEGGING

i will let you guys know when the construction takes place!

2. make a smaller post....... you'll have much better luck.

3. #3 yunggrasshopa, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
    being through is the only way anyone would understand what iam trying to achieve;) as easy as it seems. to me its not.

4. #4 yunggrasshopa, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
    i will post more when i start to configure everything

pce:cool:

5. nice! keep us updated. i think this is the perfect method for my first grow. ive been debating on cfl vs mh/hps, but the stealth and money saving factors plays a big part in it. and ive seen some cfl grows that have excellent yields.

6. i just hope i dont get any 'dud' seeds.. but i want the variety and all should be well i have heard good things from the site

7. #7 yunggrasshopa, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
    i may do a trial and error using bagseed before i use my precious seeds with this grow.

i got some gnarley regs where im from soo it wont be bad if it turns out being ok..

in all honesty ive seen a grow from seed-harvest and it was very good yielding without any problems.

so itll have to be a judgement call i guess, im gonna germ a few bagseed and put em in some miracle grow and see what happens..

8. after careful examination of each strain and genetic makeup, me and my cuhz picked 10 seeds each of what we wanted.

here is what were getting.

my list
    ----------------------
    colt45(shiva x trainwreck)
    snowcap romulan
    bubble Cheese
    lavender
    nyc Diesel
    chrystal
    kushberry
    lA Confidential
    california Orange
    sharksbreath

my cuhz's list
    ----------------------
    amnesia lemon
    power africa
    blz bud
    chronic
    arjan's strawberry haze
    g bomb
    voyager
    lsd
    chocolate chunk
    black dominia

we wont be growing all this nonsense at once.. itll be for the next couple of years, were gonna do 2 strains a year. maybe more depending on the turnaround loot we get and setup/supplies.

let me know what you think, and certainly watch out for this icecream truck of skittles to pop offf!:D